I have a Question about Recording an Online Game.

Kyrostorm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recording an Online Game
So I've recently started to play more games on the PC and now I want to record some. However, If I record an "Online" Game, for example, (Mitos.is/ Worm.is) Will people be able to hear my commentary in the "Actual" Game. If so, how would I be able to set up a party or private chat so that I can record without people in the Game hearing?

Jack1505

PandaMan
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Most in-game communication settings are easily accessible and are set to push-to-talk default. You can usually check this by clicking "escape" and just toying around. Most often then not they won't hear you commentating.

Reactions: Kyrostorm

Balthazaar

Scourge of Mankind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on the game and if they use a voice chat feature. Most online games do not feature a direct voice chat like many console games do. It's usually a separate thing. IF a game that you play has voice chat, typically they have options to customize the voice chat. Whether you can push a button to talk, or even mute your own mic if you do not want to chat with others.

If you are playing a game that uses proximity chat, then you can turn off your mic in game and have friends join you on Skype or Steam for a private voice chat (which will still pick up on a video recording.)

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Recording an Online Game
So I've recently started to play more games on the PC and now I want to record some. However, If I record an "Online" Game, for example, (Mitos.is/ Worm.is) Will people be able to hear my commentary in the "Actual" Game. If so, how would I be able to set up a party or private chat so that I can record without people in the Game hearing?

If your the only person speaking on your uploads, you also have the option of disabling the ingame mic and record the audio separately on another piece of software. I always record my audio separately.

JoubleDumpers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
If your the only person speaking on your uploads, you also have the option of disabling the ingame mic and record the audio separately on another piece of software. I always record my audio separately.
This is the best way to do it because you can then edit the audio to get the best quality and volume levels.

Reactions: Kyrostorm and Solid

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video recording / software discussion forum. ^^

Reactions: Crown

Kyrostorm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most in-game communication settings are easily accessible and are set to push-to-talk default. You can usually check this by clicking "escape" and just toying around. Most often then not they won't hear you commentating.
I thought so but on some games, it's not as clear as expected to be. Thanks for the comment, much appreciated :)[DOUBLEPOST=1485990355,1485990072][/DOUBLEPOST]
It depends on the game and if they use a voice chat feature. Most online games do not feature a direct voice chat like many console games do. It's usually a separate thing. IF a game that you play has voice chat, typically they have options to customize the voice chat. Whether you can push a button to talk, or even mute your own mic if you do not want to chat with others.

If you are playing a game that uses proximity chat, then you can turn off your mic in game and have friends join you on Skype or Steam for a private voice chat (which will still pick up on a video recording.)
Thank you, I wanted to look for this information online but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I guess if a game doesn't have a "Mute" feature - No mics are involved.[DOUBLEPOST=1485990453][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay, Thanks. What software do you use to record the Audio separately?

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
I use Audacity, it's so simple to use, it's free and it's got some nice features if you need to tweak your audio

Kyrostorm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Audacity, it's so simple to use, it's free and it's got some nice features if you need to tweak your audio
Okay, I will definitely try that out, thanks. Also, what if you wanted to record your face as well.

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Not sure on the best face recording softwares. Thats not something I do, so I cant really advise you on that. Sorry :s