I have 70k subs and tried to change my content..

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hmm, I wonder if demand for your main game will die when the game does and then your audience will welcome something else. Does that seem like an option?
This this this this.
Focusing solely on one game is way to perdition.
In time, all games lose their flavor. Without fail. You branching out to other games is trying to stay afloat in the long run.

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're really unhappy (and I mean really) then you could always just start a new channel. If you told your fans on your big, main channel that you're switching channels, then you would probably get a few thousand already to start and they would be super active and love your content.

However, in any world, 70k subs is impressive! I just think if you want to change content styles it's best to start out fresh. Remember: YouTube is a long term game. You're very young and it should only take you 2-3 years to gain another 70k subs on a different channel, which isn't a lot of time in the long-term if you want to make YouTube your career and if this new channel will make you happier.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the sooner the better. If you grow your channel SOLELY based on a single game or aspect, your fan base surrounding that one game will continue to grow. That of course is not a bad thing, but I think branching out to other games sooner than later is extremely smart. you'll start getting more of a diverse audience with different views and interests in different games and niches which is awesome. What happens when that one specific game that your channel is literally running on fails or something like that? branching out sooner than later will probably benefit you more than you know :p