I got rejected from IFree Network

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have read this entire thread.

Nowhere did the OP claim he had had a copyright strike; just allow me to quote you what he really said.

In other words, it was the network's review team, not the Content ID system who flagged the OP's channel for copyright infringement; so how could there be no infringements on his channel?.

If you would simply take the time to go to the OP's channel and view the content in question, you would see that none of it meets the criteria for exemption under the Fair Use Doctrine. It has no transformative value, being in most cases, cobbled together mashups of broadcast content complete with the owning network's watermark clearly showing in many cases.

He isn't reviewing or critiquing any of the posted material. The purpose of the posting as he keeps stressing is to earn money and get paid as quickly as possible, thus completely invalidating the Purpose principle: these are clearly unauthorized commercial-intent derivative works unless he can prove both usage, publicity, commercial and rebroadcast licensing rights from the proper owners.

I won't even go over the other two Fair Use factors as the paragraph above would prove bringing the other two in useless in a court of law which is the only place a Fair Use Doctrine test can truly take place. Any sane judge would look at the type and purpose of his use of copyright material and immediately find against him.

From YouTube Terms of Use I quote here:

"7.4 You represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during your use of the Service) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable YouTube to use your Content for the purposes of the provision of the Service by YouTube, and otherwise to use your Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms."

I asked the OP if he could prove the paragraph above. It doesn't matter if YouTube has placed a strike against his videos or not. If he cannot say yes when asked if he has all of the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions required, he is in violation of YouTube's Terms Of Use; and this is the actual reason the network he applied to rejected him, and any other network he applies to without such proof will reject his channel.

Two last things: from the YouTube Help section titled "What type of content can I monetize?"

Guidelines for content that you didn't create:
  • Clear the rights to use and monetise this content on YouTube.
  • Make sure that you understand how copyright works
The "that you didn't create" in the section title refers to source content used, as well as the completed video.

Now, from the section
Can I monetise my video if...
I made a recording from TV, DVD or CD?

Answer:
Although you may have recorded something yourself, the actual creator or author of the underlying content being recorded (e.g. producer of the TV show being displayed on the TV) may hold many of the rights needed to commercially exploit this content.

If you want to monetise your recording of a TV show, DVD or CD, you would need to get explicit written permission from the applicable rights owner of the audio and/or visual elements that you recorded.

So again, it must be asked whether or not the OP has the needed permissions for his content and can prove that.

I do wish that people who have been on YouTube for less than half a decade and are most likely far behind me in experience and knowledge of the responsibilities attached to the creation and publication of what is in effect, online broadcast media, would stop trying to second guess me.

I am 60 years old and I came to YouTube as a creator in 2006; YouTube was just over a year old when I posted my first video.

I've seen all of the changes in both the site interface and Terms of Use from that day until now. I've had to fight for my creator's rights against the likes of firms such as VIACOM International, who tried to take down several videos containing only legally licensed stock footage and my own voice! I once even had to take on the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) itself after they blocked worldwide, an original Public Domain clip from NASA saying it was a piece of a documentary produced by them in 2010.

They had to retract and quickly, when it was pointed out to them that my YouTube video publication preceded the date of first broadcast of their documentary by a full four years!

You'd think that after winning rights fights at that level, I'd know what I'm talking about; wouldn't you?
You have some good quotable content here. Can I use it when communicating with Yt legal? Thanks....

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You have some good quotable content here. Can I use it when communicating with Yt legal? Thanks....
Considering that a lot of this is taken directly from the YouTube TOU and YouTube Help sections, please feel free. I'm sure you can see what is Google and what is me, my fellow creator; and you may use my own words with my full permission as well.

Razor1902

Reaction score
Really because I have no copyright issues and I was partnered with Freedom and Scalelabs. I was denied twice I am in Good Standing with YouTube no community violations I have a Adsense account and partnered so why do I keep being denied. Same message but I'm being denied I think you need to check your facts because there are a lot of,users that use content that is copyrighted and they are partnered. why hasn't,YouTube done anything about them ?

Having looked at your channel I must ask you this: How do you create your videos? When you answer this, I'll tell you whether the network was right or wrong. If they are right, then you need to take down all of the videos you have now and create original content, as no network will accept the channel as it stands now.

Razor1902

Reaction score
I have the same problem I have no community violations or copyright infringement issues yet I'm being denied. I get about 1000 views a day and I keep being denied???
QUOTE="alperen420, post: 2186133, member: 79025"]I got rejected from IFree Network.They said that i have a bad standing youtube channel due copyright infringments,which none of my videos has copyrighted content.I've surpassed what the network required.This network was all i needed;Wire transfer and 5$ payment threshold.
Anyone else having this issue ?
If so is there any network i can join that has wire transfer and payment threshold below 20$ ?[/QUOTE]
S

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you asked them why you were denied? Even though you may not have copyright strikes from YouTube doesn't mean that a network doesn't see *potential* future copyright issues they simply choose not to *potentially* have to deal with. To many successful networks, potential future problems can be expensive problems, especially in the new climate of the YouTube ad apocalypse. They might not see a mutually beneficial relationship with your channel.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I think you need to check your facts because there are a lot of,users that use content that is copyrighted and they are partnered. why hasn't,YouTube done anything about them ?
Simply because the system hasn't caught them yet. I suggest instead of saying I need to check my facts, that you click the link labled "Terms" found at the bottom of every page on YouTube, and read sections 7.4, 7.7, and 7.8 of those Terms. After that, I suggest you go over to the Official YouTube Help Forum and see how many people are being terminated while their accounts are showing they are in good standing.

When the system catches up with a violating creator, according to the sections I just quoted you, YouTube has no obligation to give warning by "placing your account in bad status". They can simply terminate; without warning and without even sending an email telling you that you have indeed been terminated, if they choose to do so. You will see both people who have and have not received such an email on the Help Forum. They are purposely vague when they do send one, usually saying "Your channel 'XXXX' has been suspended for multiple or severe violations of Our Community Guidelines regarding Spam, Scams, and Commercially Deceptive Content; or other severe violations of our Terms of Service".

(Read "other severe violations of our Terms of Service" as violations of sections 7.4 and 7.7 )

Did you bother to ask your proposed network why they rejected your application? I take that back; they said you are in bad standing due to copyright issues; but without a channel link so I can see your content, I cannot confirm this. Reply to this with at least the name of your channel and I will tell you myself what the network may be talking about, just as I did with the OP of this thread.

Last edited:

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe it's best to contact these companies and find out the details as to why.

Reactions: UKHypnotist