I got my first hate comment today

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ignore it and move on. Don't worry about it.

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
These are great! They just make you Bounce back and get motivated to keep doing what you do! :) or atleast for me because they are mad at how great you are doing! Keep it up.

Reactions: Warlock Boo

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've only gotten one hate comment. Also I haven't gotten many comments revealing how tricks work. It's surprising, but makes moderating the comments easier.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I've always said, hateful comments means you hit a nerve of jealousy, that your ding something they can't or you did it first or better. So you must be on the right track

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I got my first comment telling me to go kill myself. yet i fill like i hit a milestone because of it. I don't know why but it made me so happy like i am now a somebody because I am worth hatting is that odd it's odd isn't it.
Honestly it's true. The first ever hate comment I got on my videos roughly coincided with the time my channel started growing a lot more quickly. It still sucked at the time though. I remember when I first started both my first ever dislike and my first unpleasant comment felt pretty bad to receive at the time - after a few though I realised it was just a normal thing for any growing channel, and now I actually get a good laugh out of some of them.

One thing I will say though, if you didn't already, click the comment and select "Hide user from channel" - that prevents them from commenting any more, but more importantly, if you leave the comment there, it gives the impression that you welcome such comments and gets more people to leave hate.

Reactions: Warlock Boo

SplitSecond

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lmao thats great that you fell like that. Good or bad comments still means they watched your video.Congrats on your first hater.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

TobyWan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got my first comment telling me to go kill myself. yet i fill like i hit a milestone because of it. I don't know why but it made me so happy like i am now a somebody because I am worth hatting is that odd it's odd isn't it.
Haha, I had this same thought today. Im actually really looking forward to being big enough to be hated. Thooouuughh id like a few more happy ones before that milestone lol.

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hate comments are just as good as like comments because it gives activity on your video the more activity the higher your video will be on the search so that's a good attitude to have.