I got a strike for eating candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it wasn’t real soap I even said it was candy in the video and it put in the description box aswell it was a commercial parody and that was metatind as well. Now I’m scared to post but I can’t not upload.
Trying to jump in the flow at something popular and controversial like Tide Pods at the moment is asking for trouble. Your video can be totally legit (I am not saying it was) but just because you put something in the title/description/tags even slightly related to Tide Pods,eat challenge can automatically give you a strike and there is no warranty someone will review your video, because I can imagine YouTube is literally flooded currently with such videos right now. Same happened at the beginning of the year with the Logan Paul's topic videos. Many people wanted to cash in for a quick buck on the highly controversial, yet popular topic, then they were all around the forums telling their frustration about the videos being deleted and strikes issued.

Trying to jump in the flow at something popular and controversial like Tide Pods at the moment is asking for trouble. Your video can be totally legit (I am not saying it was) but just because you put something in the title/description/tags even slightly related to Tide Pods,eat challenge can automatically give you a strike and there is no warranty someone will review your video, because I can imagine YouTube is literally flooded currently with such videos right now. Same happened at the beginning of the year with the Logan Paul's topic videos. Many people wanted to cash in for a quick buck on the highly controversial, yet popular topic, then they were all around the forums telling their frustration about the videos being deleted and strikes issued.
The video was filmed way before the tide pod Issue[DOUBLEPOST=1516464831,1516464645][/DOUBLEPOST]
The video was filmed way before the tide pod Issue, it was a commercial parody.

The video was filmed way before the tide pod Issue
Then it's just bad luck. As YouTube rules, criteria and guidelines are constantly changing, no-one can be 100% sure that his videos won't be deleted or a reason for strike in the future (reference ElsaGate).

Just imagine if some animal rights organization sues YouTube for cats exploitation and proves that all the cats/dogs were filmed without their consent (no written contracts between cats/dogs and the person who filmed them). Literally thoasands of channels will get strike on community guidelines for breaching privacy and exploitation of animals.

The video was filmed way before the tide pod issues it was a commercial parody you ask crh [DOUBLEPOST=1516464831,1516464645][/DOUBLEPOST]
Then it's just bad luck. As YouTube rules, criteria and guidelines are constantly changing, no-one can be 100% sure that his videos won't be deleted or a reason for strike in the future (reference ElsaGate).

Just imagine if some animal rights organization sues YouTube for cats exploitation and proves that all the cats/dogs were filmed without their consent (no written contracts between cats/dogs and the person who filmed them). Literally thoasands of channels will get strike on community guidelines for breaching privacy and exploitation of animals.
i know someone who got demonetized for put their dog in outfits

I think probably somebody reported your video. And then their algorithm takes over a review and that is how you ended up with the strike. Recently I got banned from one website for posting ads, I was their active user for 2 years and I never posted anything which is against rules. But, out of sudden before a couple of days I, got email that my account is banned. I send them email to ask is that some kind of mistake, but no reply from them. I guess this automatisation thing is going to be very bad, and without it, for them it is just impossible to monitor everything manually.

Yeah but it wasn’t real soap I even said it was candy in the video and it put in the description box aswell it was a commercial parody and that was metatind as well. Now I’m scared to post but I can’t not upload. This happened to me once before I got s strike a long time ago for royalty free music that cam YouTube video manager. People are eating tide pods and there’s also tide pod parody’s and youtube doesn’t do anything to them.

Yeah I remember that! Even from the beginning I knew it had to be a joke. I know the whole tide pod thing is an issue, but I think it's an issue we should be able to joke about. Plus you weren't even talking about tide pods... and just searching "I ate soap" on YouTube LOTS of videos come up of people actually eating soap. So, I don't understand.

Yeah I remember that! Even from the beginning I knew it had to be a joke. I know the whole tide pod thing is an issue, but I think it's an issue we should be able to joke about. Plus you weren't even talking about tide pods... and just searching "I ate soap" on YouTube LOTS of videos come up of people actually eating soap. So, I don't understand.
Yeah and that video was uploaded a couple months ago before the tide pod issue and I said it was just chocolate and it was also in the description box.[DOUBLEPOST=1516487837,1516481345][/DOUBLEPOST]
For some reason all my videos look blurry on YouTube, can look at a couple to seee if it’s just my internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back