I get great complements & ratios, but LOW views

Gary High-Fruit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's easy to criticize videos when views are low. And that's what some ppl have done here. BUT.....

I get great Thumbs-up-to-views ratios (10%!!!!! You won't see that anywhere but my channel)

I get a good comments-to-views ratio (I have a recent video with MORE comments than views! Ever see that before?)

Some of the best complements I see on Youtube are on MY videos.

I've made 260 videos over 2.5 years, yet my views are still from 60-250 (ave. = 110).

And don't say "your niche is too obscure"(vegan with a little conspiracy/political talk. They DO go together). A person in my niche just reached 100 million views. Some vegan videos reach 100,000 to 1 mil

Keep in mind, It's easy to find faults, but I can find faults with popular channels. Trust me, in my community, my videos are great.

And I've tried it all. Doesn't matter what I do, the views don't happen. A viewer even noticed this once, saying: "even when have a pic of (a YT'r that's popular in our circles) in a bikini, your views don't go up like when others' do it"

Why won't Youtube give me some visibility?

Reactions: Plot31 and Sk Jony

Infinite Paths

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Who said that?
But seriously, do you promote your videos anywhere? That might help you, I see loads of people ranting about veganism on yt with millions of views.

Reactions: Sk Jony

HomelessRyder

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, unless you're super controversial like that Vegan Gains guy, I don't see your videos going too far.

Not to try to tear you down, but most people don't want to watch those sort of videos. Judging a niche off of 1 or 2 guys isn't a good idea either. Having 100 million views means absolutely nothing if those aren't spread across a ton of videos (i.e. a viral video with 95 million views).

If you've been doing this for 2 and a half years, that should be a good indicator of what people think of your content/how tiny that niche is. Best of luck!

Kill'em FTW

Reaction score
It's easy to criticize videos when views are low. And that's what some ppl have done here. BUT.....

I get great Thumbs-up-to-views ratios (10%!!!!! You won't see that anywhere but my channel)

I get a good comments-to-views ratio (I have a recent video with MORE comments than views! Ever see that before?)

Some of the best complements I see on Youtube are on MY videos.

I've made 260 videos over 2.5 years, yet my views are still from 60-250 (ave. = 110).

And don't say "your niche is too obscure"(vegan with a little conspiracy/political talk. They DO go together). A person in my niche just reached 100 million views. Some vegan videos reach 100,000 to 1 mil

Keep in mind, It's easy to find faults, but I can find faults with popular channels. Trust me, in my community, my videos are great.

And I've tried it all. Doesn't matter what I do, the views don't happen. A viewer even noticed this once, saying: "even when have a pic of (a YT'r that's popular in our circles) in a bikini, your views don't go up like when others' do it"

Why won't Youtube give me some visibility?
Nice channel man, I was going to say do you try and get the views? Or upload videos and hope they'll come?

Reactions: Sk Jony

Gary High-Fruit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
do you promote your videos anywhere?
I got on Twitter a year ago to promote. I've acquired 800 followers (by following others). But they don't watch either. My titles & thumbs are specifically designed to GET my community to watch (ei click-bait).

I also post on G+ and FB.......and a website run by that 100-mill guy. Everyone's vids get 20-80 views there. But that guy gets 7-25 thousand views on his videos. His girlfriend gets 60-300 thousand. And she does the same video every day ("what I eat", and attacking some actress who's dieting wrong. I got board of her)

I actively seek views. It may be at the point where I'm embarrassing myself - begging.[DOUBLEPOST=1450056288,1450055266][/DOUBLEPOST]
unless you're super controversial like that Vegan Gains guy,...
I'm nearly as controversial. And HE'S acting. I'm not when I called a fellow vegan something I don't even wanna repeat here. (See "Is 'Unnatural-vegan' a plant.....or just fertilizer?"

There's a prissy, fake personality named Kristina who gets 60,000 views a vid, and a ton of "Hugs and kisses" for making the same "expensive recipe" type video over and over.

PS - Do I sound bitter? ;)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Promotion, SEO, good thumbnails, etc. That's always the first place to look.

But also...how is the quality of your videos? Do you have good picture and sound quality? If your sound quality is off, that seems to throw people off really quickly. Do you edit in a way that engages, or does it seem thrown together? If you star in your videos (which, judged by the two videos I just viewed, you do), are you an engaging personality, or do you push people away? If you're going for controversial, then are you pushing that enough (so that people might "hate watch," as a lot of these people you remark on get) or are you just kind of middle-of-the-road, presentation-wise? If you're not willing to push into that sort of hyper-confrontational personality, can you adjust the way you present to be a little more accessible?

There are so many factors, here. It takes experimentation and a lot of time and patience to figure out how to build an audience, and sometimes, you're not going to be the person in your niche who builds an audience. Look at how many gaming channels are out there and how few of them get really big subscriber bases.

Gary High-Fruit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
How's your audience retention?
OK, that may be weak: 30% (tho, my videos are on the long side: average of 7 minutes).
For some reason, many people leave in the first 8 seconds. Is this typical??, because I see no reason my videos are to blame. I have many different ways my videos open.

"I've seen both." - I'll believe it when you show me.

Gary High-Fruit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Promotion, SEO, good thumb. That's always the first place to look.
And that IS the first place I looked, 2 years ago, when I noticed this problem. I've been reading your posts, and I partly disagree about SEO. I learned a lot about it, and it never got results. There's a new saying in marketing "SEO is dead". I think it's been 'trumped' by advertising, and (the way I see people get popular) - shout-outs from people who are already popular.

Thumbnails - Mine speak for themselves. Just look. They get so good, I'm sure the problem is - People aren't seeing the thumbnail, because youtube doesn't give me much visibility.

"Do you have good picture and sound quality?" I've greatly improved them. Studied camera settings & lighting.

I try not to have any boring parts. I spend one hour editing each 4 minutes of video.

SuperSurpriseFun

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you have regular series scheduled weekly to encourage viewers/subscribers to come back on specific days? For example: My Diet Monday, Fake Meat Friday, etc.

On that website you post videos (I assume it's forum based) are you generally liked? Do your other posts receive favorable responses? I'm curious because the vibe I'm getting from this thread is a little egotistical and aggressive. I don't mean that as a dig, but as a possible reason people aren't more responsive to your content.

because I see no reason my videos are to blame....

..."I've seen both." - I'll believe it when you show me.
I have also seen both, but I'm not going to dig through the millions of videos on YT to find you examples when you're asking for help. Do you think @SabrinaKom is lying to you?

I understand the frustration after years of producing content, but it may be the audience and not YouTube keeping you down.