Did you sub4sub when first starting out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I must admit too that I briefly dabbling in sub 4 sub. It was when I first stated and I was obsessed with getting subs since I only had about 10. It was a huge mistake and almost all the subs I gained were gone in a few weeks.

Whenever Im on facebook I still see so many people asking for it. Most of them seem to be based in India and those areas. Im lucky I stopped doing it soon after I started I could have really messed up my channel. Just dont do it!

Reactions: Dead Joe

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sub for sub never works. If you have subscribers that don't actually appreciate the videos you post, what's the point? Your goal should be reaching out to viewers who actually enjoy your content. I say just delete those comments, not the videos. I receiving them time to time, too, though I've never asked anyone to sub for sub/ advertised on other people's YT channels. I think it's just this automated system that people find online. I don't know.

Akradon360

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea never done the sub4sub stuff. But I do try and be active on the comments for videos I enjoy. Not asking for anyone to check mine out etc. I've only got 3 subs, but when hopefully these are subs that enjoy my content.

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I must admit too that I briefly dabbling in sub 4 sub. It was when I first stated and I was obsessed with getting subs since I only had about 10. It was a huge mistake and almost all the subs I gained were gone in a few weeks.

Whenever Im on facebook I still see so many people asking for it. Most of them seem to be based in India and those areas. Im lucky I stopped doing it soon after I started I could have really messed up my channel. Just dont do it!
Glad you caught onto it as well mate, cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1492983055,1492982967][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sub for sub never works. If you have subscribers that don't actually appreciate the videos you post, what's the point? Your goal should be reaching out to viewers who actually enjoy your content. I say just delete those comments, not the videos. I receiving them time to time, too, though I've never asked anyone to sub for sub/ advertised on other people's YT channels. I think it's just this automated system that people find online. I don't know.
Exactly right bud, no point in subs that are there for the wrong reasons

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea never done the sub4sub stuff. But I do try and be active on the comments for videos I enjoy. Not asking for anyone to check mine out etc. I've only got 3 subs, but when hopefully these are subs that enjoy my content.
Yeah as far as interaction with other channels, I'm just going to revert to what I used to be, a fan.
Keep grinding mate, those subs will come, no doubt

Reactions: Akradon360

Akradon360

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah as far as interaction with other channels, I'm just going to revert to what I used to be, a fan.
Keep grinding mate, those subs will come, no doubt
Yea I'm hoping so. Managing to get a few videos out now. Will be able to do a full play on Little Nightmares later this week as well. Can't wait for that.

SephiZack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Luckily I never fell for the subs4subs thing. In my 2 months making videos, I only received some subs4subs requests and the "hey get a chance of shoutout for thousand subs" messages at the beginning, but every time I turned them down and said why I thought that was a bad idea. I haven't received any similar message for weeks, but if someone is going to do that now I will just report their comment as spam and hide their messages from my channel.

I don't think it's too late to backtrack now. If you create quality content and promote yourself in a good way, both subs and views will come :)

pcastro51

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Quality over quantity. Always. I've had to remind myself that a million times, because there've been times I've been so tempted to SUB4SUB.

Don't think about how many subscribers you have. Think about bettering your video quality. Quality in the long run will always triumph over numbers. You can have 2 subscribers, but if you have quality content, you should be proud of yourself :)

So I tell myself haha.

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Luckily I never fell for the subs4subs thing. In my 2 months making videos, I only received some subs4subs requests and the "hey get a chance of shoutout for thousand subs" messages at the beginning, but every time I turned them down and said why I thought that was a bad idea. I haven't received any similar message for weeks, but if someone is going to do that now I will just report their comment as spam and hide their messages from my channel.

I don't think it's too late to backtrack now. If you create quality content and promote yourself in a good way, both subs and views will come :)
Agreed mate, just concentrating on quality now. If it takes off than all good

Last edited: