I fell for sub4sub

Did you sub4sub when first starting out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well it's done, unsubbed and comments cleaned up. Now just sit back and watch my sub count revert to zip lol

Feels good to own my channel once again, thanks guys for reading and responding.

Much appreciated
DJ.

Reactions: Ralph Mickey

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sounds like you made a good decision. I've actually seen advice in several places that S4S is okay in the very beginning, and to stop when you reach 100 subscribers. Some people feel that this keeps you motivated during the hardest part of starting a channel - getting those first 100 subs.

Not sure how I feel about that, but it sounds like you caught yourself before it did any damage.

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I've seen the same advice.
Tbh, it does make you feel like you're getting your foot in the door, but the reality is a bit different. So like you, I'm not sure where I stand on that. I do know that without doing it I'd have next to no subs.
I think the next upload will be more telling of who's actually watching.

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think its worth it in general S4S. I am trying to claw my way up to the first 100 myself right now. I actually kind of enjoy it. This is a way for me to challenge myself and grow better and try new things.

I think you definitely did the right thing and stopped the S4S. You will grow a more dedicated fan base that way! Kick some butt out there!

Hazza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,

It is a shame because a high percentage of YouTubers these days are using SUB4SUB as their main method to gain more subscribers on YouTube. I can't see why people are being so stupid to think that it would actually work. Yes fair enough it might get your subscriber count up but that doesn't mean a thing without views. People don't intend to watch your videos when they do SUB4SUB all they're doing it for is to look big on YouTube. It's a shame this thing even exists to be honest.

Thanks for reading this post and have a great day.

Best wishes for the future,
Hazza

Reactions: Dead Joe

ZavNation

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there!

oh man I know how you feel. First starting off on YouTube I saw sooo many sub4sub comments and decided to try it out for awhile and ended up noticing that the people who did it with me never actually
watched any of my videos so rip.

Glad that you changed though, hard work and consistency pays off!

azzmilan

Reaction score
I will admit I did it at first. Not proud of it. I then did what you and others have, unsubscribed from anything I didn't like, and deleted a video or two.

I still get the obvious ones every now and then but as you said it's good to earn your way to the top ;)

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,

It is a shame because a high percentage of YouTubers these days are using SUB4SUB as their main method to gain more subscribers on YouTube. I can't see why people are being so stupid to think that it would actually work. Yes fair enough it might get your subscriber count up but that doesn't mean a thing without views. People don't intend to watch your videos when they do SUB4SUB all they're doing it for is to look big on YouTube. It's a shame this thing even exists to be honest.

Thanks for reading this post and have a great day.

Best wishes for the future,
Hazza
Thing is as new guy, it's presented in a way that it's the normal thing to do I suppose. Live and learn hey

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there!

oh man I know how you feel. First starting off on YouTube I saw sooo many sub4sub comments and decided to try it out for awhile and ended up noticing that the people who did it with me never actually
watched any of my videos so rip.

Glad that you changed though, hard work and consistency pays off!
Thanks, glad I did too

Dead Joe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think its worth it in general S4S. I am trying to claw my way up to the first 100 myself right now. I actually kind of enjoy it. This is a way for me to challenge myself and grow better and try new things.

I think you definitely did the right thing and stopped the S4S. You will grow a more dedicated fan base that way! Kick some butt out there!
Thanks mate, I'm feeling the same. The whole experience is a lot more enjoyable now I gotta say[DOUBLEPOST=1492868498,1492868075][/DOUBLEPOST]
I will admit I did it at first. Not proud of it. I then did what you and others have, unsubscribed from anything I didn't like, and deleted a video or two.

I still get the obvious ones every now and then but as you said it's good to earn your way to the top ;)
Totally agree, it actually does feel like cheating or something. There's no gratification in just getting subs but not fans of your work

Reactions: Ralph Mickey