I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokeBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think i put out decent content and have taken advice from people on reddit, vid quality has been improving. views are hard to get unless I post on reddit. My titles are good, my tags are good yet i still have no likes subs and views. I know this isn't an overnight thing but I dont know what i'm doing wrong. People in the past have told me I sound monotone in my vids and Im working on that.

ShamusGuitars

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey, I had a look at channel and first impressions is I don't know what niche your targeting. Your videos are on all different topics, maybe focus on one topic and build from there. You do have good views on some videos. I don't know if this helps? I might be completely wrong, I don't know:unsure2:

Reactions: Brandon

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey, I had a look at channel and first impressions is I don't know what niche your targeting. Your videos are on all different topics, maybe focus on one topic and build from there. You do have good views on some videos. I don't know if this helps? I might be completely wrong, I don't know:unsure2:
Yes, agreed on this. Also I would work on your titles.. they're quite long. Hop on over to the Marketing, Strategy, & SEO section of the forum to figure out how to successfully use your video descriptions, tags, and marketing skills to your advantage to boost views.

BrokeBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Eh mostly tech related stuff. I do upload a random funny vid I made once in a while.[DOUBLEPOST=1485681818,1485681736][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, agreed on this. Also I would work on your titles.. they're quite long. Hop on over to the Marketing, Strategy, & SEO section of the forum to figure out how to successfully use your video descriptions, tags, and marketing skills to your advantage to boost views.
They're long to catch peoples attention.I have 100 words to use and I use them all sam with the tags. I use them all and I will go there

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I was figuring out what to say, scroll down and se you saying the saame stuff lol.

As they said, you need to choose a niche and follow the same or similar kind of content. Also with such few subs you have decent amount of views. Now work on getting those views to stay and sub by following the niche.

Oh I just noticed.
Tags: 10/10
Description: 1/10

Description is the most important part after the title, it helps with search, SEO and whatnot, and your descriptions are empty. Write as much as you can in there and use the keywords and the words you used as tags. One sentence just wont cut it. Hope this helps bud.

Reactions: BrokeBoy

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I understand you put a lot of effort into your videos and things are getting better. Maybe you could focus your title, thumbnail and tags around one topic a bit more. I'll just name two things:

1.) The title gives away the answer.
The title you have right now is "Why you should always buy MicroSD over SD Cards. Never Buy SD Cards. Expensive and non compatible.", but you are giving away the reason people would click your link. Try a negative emphasis "5 reasons why you should never buy MicroSD over SD Cards" - it is quantifiable, it has a strong negative in it and it doesn't give away the answer.

2.) the tags don't match the title
Your tags for the video are:
"review help 8032 compatible gopro hero4 memory card best gopro hero4 memory card gopro hero4 troubleshooting gopro hero4 memory card error hero4 sd error hero4 sd err troubleshooting how-to (website category) secure digital card (camera storage type) gopro (award-winning work) camera (film) photography (visual art form) waterproof wifi action camera sports camera Microsd sd card micro sd card microsd vs sd"

and only at the very end "Microsd sd card micro sd card microsd vs sd" you start to actually focus on what the content of the video is about.

Reactions: BrokeBoy

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I did notice that when I clicked on your channel, your Home page is empty. Your content comes up when I click on Videos of course, but not everyone thinks that far ahead when idly browsing through the 'Tube.
Make sure you've organised your channel so that you can feature videos you think new and returning subscribers would like - having an idea of where to go on a new channel is something your audience will appreciate.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This question is one of the most frequently asked questions on this forum. Because it has been discussed numerous times, the staff lock these threads.

Please check out the YouTube Tutorials, and Articles forum for some help:
http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tutorials-articles-resources.10/

We also have the Channel Reviews / Feedback forum that can be helpful:
http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/

There is also an abundance of information in the Strategies and Technique forum:
http://yttalk.com/forums/strategies-technique-advice.14/

I wish you the best. ^_^

Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.