I don't get promotion

Techy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Hello, I've done a lot of research on how to youtube (~6h) Still I don't get how do I promote myself. This is where I currently am:
Facebook- I simply don't want to reveal my private facebook acc

Twitter- I've 85 followers (a lot of bots, twitter plague ), but when I tweeted that I just did a video it got barely any attention, usually I get around 100 impressions and ~2 engagements, but this tweet where I share my video hasn't reached 50 impressions and I got no engagements.

Google+ - Haven't used it, but on G+ i would be even bigger nobody than on twitter so I don't really think that's the way to go.

Reddit- I myself really hate self promotion on reddit, especially when I see those new youtubers who just spam every subreddit. So I don't want to appear as one, I have 36 karma points, but none of them come from subreddits that I could actually promote myself.

How do I fix these issues? is it just my mindset about promotion that's wrong?

Thank you

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Munesh Ramnarine

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I feel that social media is really helpful and promoting yourself is the biggest way to get your stuff out there imo. Interact with others, give feedback, grow your followers and just keep putting your stuff out there. You don't have to spam annoyingly for example, post 10 times a day in the same post/forum. Just once in a while, then post to other places. Find other sites, or just message people and make it interesting - a way to pull attention. Eventually over time you gain followers, RETWEET accounts/bots help on twitter (for me and my gf at least.) I see a lot of other people using them. Don't be afraid or worry about spamming and whatever. It's the internet, it's not like you're killing someone lol.

Get yourself out there! :)

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really don't understand how to use reddit, or how to actually promote on Twitter or Facebook for that matter. Mostly I just send my viewers there for memes and cat videos.

Google+ however, has a whole lot of random communities if you search YouTube/Youtuber/subscribe/anything else youtube related.
I joined over 100+ of them and when i make a video, I share to some of the larger ones, and when I make a video I'm really proud of a share to all of them. I definitely see some return, even some people +1'ing the share.

Overall though, I feel I'm better of spending the time it takes to learn how to use twitter, just making new videos that reach new audiences to be honest.

Techy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I really don't understand how to use reddit, or how to actually promote on Twitter or Facebook for that matter. Mostly I just send my viewers there for memes and cat videos.

Google+ however, has a whole lot of random communities if you search YouTube/Youtuber/subscribe/anything else youtube related.
I joined over 100+ of them and when i make a video, I share to some of the larger ones, and when I make a video I'm really proud of a share to all of them. I definitely see some return, even some people +1'ing the share.

Overall though, I feel I'm better of spending the time it takes to learn how to use twitter, just making new videos that reach new audiences to be honest.
But don't those communities get spamy? I mean the way I see it is every youtuber wants to get themselves out there without putting any effort in watching others so it ends up with tons of posts, which have no views, because it's riddled with youtubers who spam the heck out of those communities.

Munesh Ramnarine

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

Once in a while you'll get feedback from reddit. It's kinda hard when you're basically a noob on the forums - your stuff kinda just piles up with other videos from new users etc. :/

Twitter takes time but ya know, just keep trying. Gotta get yourself out there somehow lol

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But don't those communities get spamy? I mean the way I see it is every youtuber wants to get themselves out there without putting any effort in watching others so it ends up with tons of posts, which have no views, because it's riddled with youtubers who spam the heck out of those communities.
That's true, I'm not denying that they get spammy, and part of it is you spamming xD

Idk thats the only advice I can give to self promotion because honestly I've never gotten that much out of it, but perhaps when your starting it could be more useful. My way is just to keep grinding videos, cover more search results, and get yourself out there on youtube.