I don't believe subscriber count matters

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
hmmm i guess subscriber count alone without the views probably doesnt matter. but i think it goes hand in hand, and theres probably some average ratio of views to subscribers that people can expect. when i see i have more subscribers (without some comment asking me to sub back), it makes me happy, because it means who ever saw my videos liked them enough to sub. sometimes when i see how much more views i have than subs, it made me wonder if the people who did see my videos didnt like them. i guess you never know how someone perceived your videos, unless they tell you, of course. but getting the subs just tells me, ok i guess these people like my videos. maybe im oversimplifying it. i get that views matter more than subs as far as the ads go. someone has to click on your video before they could possibly click on the ads. being subscribed to you alone wont do anything as far as that goes. but if there is a ratio of views to subs to expect, then a certain amount of views on average is predictable. and im sure theres a click to view ratio as well. so a certain amount of subs would lead one to assume that theyd have a certain amount of clicks. and businesses like their incomes to be predictable. so i think if done honestly, subs are basically a way to predict income. but with all the fake subs nonsense going on, u never know just by looking at the number there.

Reactions: Itskamren

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Maybe you should do something to keep them from getting bored.
If only it were that easy. I just make videos, and hope people like them. I've slowed down my uploads, so I'm hoping that helps.[DOUBLEPOST=1354764468,1354764409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe your content is not consistent?
Well, I upload on a schedule, and it's always the same type of content, me vlogging about my thoughts. Granted, I know that's not bound for viral success on its own, but you'd think it would result in at least me getting something closer to my subscriber count.

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
yeah i believe this too man i have some old subs there arent as active anymore and as networks show "its all about the views" seeming that thats the main requirement for most of them.never see anything about have to have "this many subscribers"

ForeverAlonePrick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
hmmm i guess subscriber count alone without the views probably doesnt matter. but i think it goes hand in hand, and theres probably some average ratio of views to subscribers that people can expect. when i see i have more subscribers (without some comment asking me to sub back), it makes me happy, because it means who ever saw my videos liked them enough to sub. sometimes when i see how much more views i have than subs, it made me wonder if the people who did see my videos didnt like them. i guess you never know how someone perceived your videos, unless they tell you, of course. but getting the subs just tells me, ok i guess these people like my videos. maybe im oversimplifying it. i get that views matter more than subs as far as the ads go. someone has to click on your video before they could possibly click on the ads. being subscribed to you alone wont do anything as far as that goes. but if there is a ratio of views to subs to expect, then a certain amount of views on average is predictable. and im sure theres a click to view ratio as well. so a certain amount of subs would lead one to assume that theyd have a certain amount of clicks. and businesses like their incomes to be predictable. so i think if done honestly, subs are basically a way to predict income. but with all the fake subs nonsense going on, u never know just by looking at the number there.
That's all true, it is largely dependent on how good your videos are on their own merit. I think part of it is how much they value your content regardless of whether they subscribe or not. It's all chance, really, in that sense. Of course, going viral and getting exposure is nice. And then getting higher revenue per view is also good.[DOUBLEPOST=1354764749,1354764693][/DOUBLEPOST]
yeah i believe this too man i have some old subs there arent as active anymore and as networks show "its all about the views" seeming that thats the main requirement for most of them.never see anything about have to have "this many subscribers"
True. I have almost 1,300 subscribers, but I'd be surprised if the majority of them still used the site under that profile name. I think some of them follow you for a few weeks, maybe a month or something, then fade away and move on with their lives.

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That's all true, it is largely dependent on how good your videos are on their own merit. I think part of it is how much they value your content regardless of whether they subscribe or not. It's all chance, really, in that sense. Of course, going viral and getting exposure is nice. And then getting higher revenue per view is also good.[DOUBLEPOST=1354764749,1354764693][/DOUBLEPOST]

True. I have almost 1,300 subscribers, but I'd be surprised if the majority of them still used the site under that profile name. I think some of them follow you for a few weeks, maybe a month or something, then fade away and move on with their lives.
yeah and some are just alot more active on youtube than others its like social networks you have your addicts,your occasionals,and the no shows same with youtube lol.

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This leads me to believe that the only way to truly grow and become successful is to properly manage your online presence; share videos on facebook/twitter/reddit/tumblr, use strong tags to get more views through searches, and hope it goes viral.

There are just random thoughts I've been having. Any thoughts on this?
I started this game knowing that sub count was worthless. Views were going to be proportional to the amount of work I put into promoting the videos!

In 3 months I've gotten little more than 150,000 views. 50,000 of those views are from the youtube search engine.
I've worked countless hours learning about search engine optimization and setting my videos up to be successful in the youtube search engine!

Optimizing your title, tags and description is key to success!

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick

ForeverAlonePrick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I started this game knowing that sub count was worthless. Views were going to be proportional to the amount of work I put into promoting the videos!

In 3 months I've gotten little more than 150,000 views. 50,000 of those views are from the youtube search engine.
I've worked countless hours learning about search engine optimization and setting my videos up to be successful in the youtube search engine!

Optimizing your title, tags and description is key to success!
Wow, that's really impressive. It took me well over 6 months to get that many. You're off to a great start, congratulations, and I'm glad your hard efforts are paying off!

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
yeah and some are just alot more active on youtube than others its like social networks you have your addicts,your occasionals,and the no shows same with youtube lol.
true. some ppl are just not the subscribing type. not everyone is obsessed with youtube like us folks haha.

Reactions: Itskamren