I don’t sound enthusiastic..

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally if you are a channel about building a dog kennel etc I dont think you need to worry about the sound of your voice.
Viewers would be coming for ideas and knowledge about the build. So as long as you are showing how to do everything and finish with a nice kennel then thats all you need to worry about.

Eventually after several videos you will become more confident and that will show through your voice.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don’t force anything that isn’t natural for you... your audience will detect it in a second. Instead, just be your genuine self.

I ran across a channel that has grown like wildfire. It’s a How-To channel about terrariums and aquariums. And the guy is calm, quiet spoken and may be what some would call “uncomfortable” on camera. But his channel has exploded, precisely because he knows what he’s talking about and isn’t trying to put on a “show” that isn’t him. He was true to his personality and didn’t try to make himself into the typical bombastic YouTube vlogger. It was eye-opening for me. I’m not affiliated in any way, other just a fan and subscriber. But if you want to see that a calm and “unenthusiastic” personality can be successful on YouTube, check out the channel SerpaDesign.

TL;DR: If you know your stuff, just be yourself. Good luck! :)

Reactions: tahlia

feyrerm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I can so relate to this! I am pretty laid back to begin with and I really struggled so bad with this. I made daily a vlog entry's for about 2 weeks straight. On the third week provided I had a general plan I felt much less stiff, and it showed on the camera too. Generally just doing it for a long time makes it feel more normal, which leads to more natural on screen presents. I still have a LONG way to go, but 3 weeks made a huge difference, si i figure another month it will be old hat. Good Luck with your channel!

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Try practicing your script multiple times before recording, so you get most of what you want to say in your head. Trust me, it took a while for me to get out of my shell before I just started being me.