I don’t know what to Do with my life

CaptainNeedy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Oh wow. Yes! Yes I like this type of video very much. high School is a high pressure upsell for universities and it just keeps getting worse. Young people keep starting out thier lives with bigger and bigger mountains of debt. Congratulations on having dodged that even if some of it was only luck (schools closing). Stay strong and do not assume any debt that isn't going to serve you in some way. Even if the whole world tells you you're crazy I'm glad you have the strength of character to see that they're the ones who are crazy.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh wow. Yes! Yes I like this type of video very much. high School is a high pressure upsell for universities and it just keeps getting worse. Young people keep starting out thier lives with bigger and bigger mountains of debt. Congratulations on having dodged that even if some of it was only luck (schools closing). Stay strong and do not assume any debt that isn't going to serve you in some way. Even if the whole world tells you you're crazy I'm glad you have the strength of character to see that they're the ones who are crazy.
Thank you! Yeah a lot of people I talked to went to college right out of school because of everybody preaching that college is a must and you won’t go anywhere if you don’t go to college and most of those people ended up with no job in the industry that they majored in and In debt!

Reactions: CaptainNeedy

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yep young people have their thinking conditioned for years and years into believing you must go to University/college. In the UK its just a way of keeping unemployment figures lower. They make up the most ridiculous subjects to study. The UK is littered with people with degrees in Media Studies and Criminology (due to CSI programmes lol). Thousands work now as shelf stackers, or at a coffee shop, or flippin burgers. Absolutely nobody gives a damn about your degree when you have finished. University/College is the biggest danger to young people whose lives will be ruined forever with massive 50-75K debt minimum. I got into University with just 3 GSCSs and NO A-levels !!!!!!!!! But did pass with a 2.1 B Sc (hons). Utterly useless.. never used it. 4 years of my life that I could have spent building it or doing something entrepreneurial. If you must go to Uni at least have an identified REAL job opportunity at the end of it. Like Doctor etc. Not something daft like a degree in mowing the lawn.

Reactions: CaptainNeedy

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yep young people have their thinking conditioned for years and years into believing you must go to University/college. In the UK its just a way of keeping unemployment figures lower. They make up the most ridiculous subjects to study. The UK is littered with people with degrees in Media Studies and Criminology (due to CSI programmes lol). Thousands work now as shelf stackers, or at a coffee shop, or flippin burgers. Absolutely nobody gives a damn about your degree when you have finished. University/College is the biggest danger to young people whose lives will be ruined forever with massive 50-75K debt minimum. I got into University with just 3 GSCSs and NO A-levels !!!!!!!!! But did pass with a 2.1 B Sc (hons). Utterly useless.. never used it. 4 years of my life that I could have spent building it or doing something entrepreneurial. If you must go to Uni at least have an identified REAL job opportunity at the end of it. Like Doctor etc. Not something daft like a degree in mowing the lawn.
Yeah I know so many people who got their degree in useless things that they will never get a job in like musical theater, I took a lot of those classes I’m high school and I wanted to take it in college but I knew that that’s a waste of money and half of the people that are actors never even took acting classes to begain with. I decided to do youtube while I was figuring out my life so I can work on my dreams but also have backup plan Incase things don’t work out and even I if did take theatere in college I would have to minor in it and not major in it because I don’t want to end up without a job and loads of debt. The college I enrolled in screwed me over so i won’t be attending that so school and that was the only college that offered ultra sounding, I picked that field because there’s a lot of job opportunities in that field, but in that college they can’t promise that I am take that major even after I took all the classes. Now I’m looking into another cosmetology school and looking into getting a part time job as a makeup artist while I’m attending school.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
That sounds sensibles. Remember the goal is to get money.. not to get a qualification. Qualification of no value if it doesn't deliver money. Have a plan of what you want to do and only study if it's required and is sensible/ economically feasible. I don't know what its like in the US (thinks thats where your from? or Canada?) but in UK kids get an 18 year long BS sales pitch for Uni. They are told don't worry about the 50K debt its only 2 years salary. That is a mucho stupid way to justify a life changing debt. You can only pay it back from your expendable income.. and a lot of people live to their means. Especially with it being so difficult to get on the property ladder. A mortgage will swallow a great deal of someones income. 50K on top of that commitment is like paying for 2 mortgages. You may only be able to pay back a few dollars of your student loan each month which would only cover the interest. I think its about time University/ schools/ governments start to get hit with heavy litigation to compensate people that have scammed for decades.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That sounds sensibles. Remember the goal is to get money.. not to get a qualification. Qualification of no value if it doesn't deliver money. Have a plan of what you want to do and only study if it's required and is sensible/ economically feasible. I don't know what its like in the US (thinks thats where your from? or Canada?) but in UK kids get an 18 year long BS sales pitch for Uni. They are told don't worry about the 50K debt its only 2 years salary. That is a mucho stupid way to justify a life changing debt. You can only pay it back from your expendable income.. and a lot of people live to their means. Especially with it being so difficult to get on the property ladder. A mortgage will swallow a great deal of someones income. 50K on top of that commitment is like paying for 2 mortgages. You may only be able to pay back a few dollars of your student loan each month which would only cover the interest. I think its about time University/ schools/ governments start to get hit with heavy litigation to compensate people that have scammed for decades.
Yeah I know, I don’t want to set a degree that doesn’t offer any jobs. It’s the same way in the us, they preached that college is very important since I was in middle school. They push and push to go to college and when I I told the teacher I couldn’t afford it she said just take out loans and I said to her yeah and end up in debt when you can’t payback and a lot of places make you make with interest.
She didn’t like me because of that. I took all my classes I needed if I wanted to go to college I also took the act. Most of the classes that you have to take in college I already took them in higg school because I took college level classes. Most of the stuff they teach in college I already know so I don’t really see the point I’m learning things I already know. I self taught my self videography and I know a few people who went to college to become a videographer and they can’t even edit a video right or know how to film a video the right way, when i seen the work they did I was so I’m shock. I expected the video to be really good it was so bad that was laughable. If you compare my work to the person that I know who went college for it you would think that I was the person with the degree.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Good points Courtney. I don't think teachers know any better, they are too far gone to talk any sense to. And very self important. They say 'those that can do', and 'those that can't teach!'. Most don't even like teaching.. they just like to say that they are teachers. I was doing my post grad PGCE in secondary school teaching years ago but hated it. I did my first degree in Engineering. But i work in sales and earn commission only. Nobody in sales has 'ever' read my CV. They only care about whether you can sell or not. I don't need or use any of my qualifications and can make more than a head teacher /principle working from just a few hours a week, with no boss, and work when/if i feel like it. Thats why I have so much time left over to punish the world with my rubbish youtoobs videos lol

Reactions: Courtney Candice