I DO NOT want YouTube Fame

Would you like to become "YouTube Famous?"

• Total voters

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would love to have youtube fame.. any positive fame- just not infamous.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not really about the fame, just want a steady income to live on youtube. =D

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm doing it for money. The type of vids I do (interesting current news) I don't think lends itself to the rabid fan scene. My main viewer demo is in late 20s early 30s and I feel by then we are a lil more mature than to become weirdly fanatic. On the flip side I want 7billion subs so I can rule the world and I think that probably would include some nutty people

Reactions: Larya

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone else? I would love to have a steady monthly income from YouTube to help with my rent, etc. But I actually do not want YouTube fame. I look at some creators and just feel bad for them. No privacy, "minions," people idolizing their every move, been stopped in the street, etc.

I think it's cool when I meet people who say "Hey! I watch your videos, they're super helpful," but I would hate to have to change how I live my life.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I think this is such a valid point in the fact that privacy is such a big thing in the youtube community, gossip channels are so big and you find out all these little things that people prefer to keep private, its their life.

I would love to become known, enough to have a lot of people looking forward to my videos when I upload. But at the same time, I do not want to be a famous YouTuber. I record gameplays because I have fun playing the game but when you're famous, it's not gonna be fun anymore because people are gonna demand certain games to be played.
I think everyone aims for being known enough to be able to have a bit of help financially. For me personally, i've never really learnt to be confident in myself and speaking to an audience and I guess for me it is about putting myself out there and being content and even joyous about who I am as an individual.

I'm doing it for fun, but would love to become YT famous, not going to lie. Not interested in the money so much as entertaining and reaching people and being part of something bigger.
This hit the nail, I completely agree with you on the fun aspect, i never knew the editing part of videos would be as enjoyable and creating the content itself i find fun as well.

DanielHrmnn

Reaction score
I wont lie. I would love to be an 'internet-famous' person :D
I mean imagine how many doors will open for you, how many new opportunities you will get... When you have a big amount of followers brands will contact you.. I envy the big "Instagrammers" who get free cars to travel around and only have to take photos of them. Maybe someday I will achieve it :biggrin:

It's not about the money for me.. It's about the opportunities!

Reactions: Lekjih

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I loved this D: i think that you bring up such a valid point, i think that is something most people want but with it will come other things that will be the cost of having those opportunities open up D:< -fear-

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Maybe, but if you are not in it for the fans, for the people watching, then are you just in it for the money? I would say definitely, my fans are what keep me going, and the more fans the more motivation, a lot of fans and fame
My content is to help people get a job at WDW and help plan trips at WDW. I'm in it to help, not for fans or for money.[DOUBLEPOST=1489775401,1489775273][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wont lie. I would love to be an 'internet-famous' person :D
I mean imagine how many doors will open for you, how many new opportunities you will get... When you have a big amount of followers brands will contact you.. I envy the big "Instagrammers" who get free cars to travel around and only have to take photos of them. Maybe someday I will achieve it :biggrin:

Careful what you believe with "big instagammers." My sister is "instagram famous" but her instagram life is not factual. She bought 200,000 followers, and she makes it seem like companies send her things to make her life seem more luxuries, when in fact she's hardly been sent anything. Just keep that in mind :)

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
I don't care to get famous, I don't want hordes of drooling fanboys/fangirls looking over me and possibly stalking.

SephiZack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd like to have a good income from Youtube, but not fame in the sense that people will be able to recognise me outside of my videos. (one reason why I'm not showing my face in my videos yet). It wouldn't actually bother me if it happened, but I think being recognisable would cause me too many troubles

Reactions: xxheathermarie

Melanie King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I definitely have to agree with this for the fact that what I want out of the long run for it is kind of what Anthony and Ian from Smosh have managed to accomplish and that's to be able to write, direct, and act in my own movies.

I live in Cleveland, Ohio, which although their is a film scene here it's not very big, and interestingly enough I've found a lot of the roles around here are primarily for Black people.

I'm more interested in the directing aspect though, considering I've written 3 feature length films (and am currently on my 4th) and being able to have a YouTube "empire" would definitely help open the doors to money, opportunities, legitimate casting companies, legitimate crew, time, sponsorships, more eyes, and being able to be taken a bit more seriously (although I know YouTubers still are going through that issue themselves)

I mean part of me would love to be "YouTube Famous", but I'd probably be just as happy not being that well know, doing occasional collabs, and just living quietly alone making videos by myself. I mean I love doing YouTube and my goal is to be able to do it for a living, and fame or no fame, that's all I really could ask for.