I DO NOT want YouTube Fame

Would you like to become "YouTube Famous?"

• Total voters

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I live so far away from anyone who watches me, I'll never be stopped in the street. So fine, go for it

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
150,000 subscriber milestone face reveal pls xD
I almost said a while ago I'd do it at 100k because I didn't actually think i'd get anywhere near that. Glad I didn't say it now, dodged a bullet there

Reactions: UserU and Crown

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I almost said a while ago I'd do it at 100k because I didn't actually think i'd get anywhere near that. Glad I didn't say it now, dodged a bullet there
Awww :(

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sorry just reading all your responses now.

I know most of you say don't show my face, but unfortunately that defeats the purpose of my type of content. I initially started my channel to document my life living at Walt Disney World, and to help other people get a job there in whats called the CRP program. And I love my small little Disney family that I have found because of my channel. I just wish that (if it ever to happen) once I get 50,000-100,000 subs, it stays there. Which I know is not possible. But I find the channels who have millions of followers, very intimidating (the followers not channels). I think it would be great to live off of adsense income, but I also value privacy. I do admire how some of you have made successful channels, without your subscribers ever knowing who you really are. Thats really intriguing![DOUBLEPOST=1489549606,1489549094][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm the same way. I'd much rather be the cameraman and/or the person in the music producer's chair behind the scenes. Right now, I don't have anyone else but myself to film and make music for...so....I film myself playing music. As more and more people say they know me from my videos, I want to disappear and go back to being invisible... x_x

I don't know why....I guess I've never liked attention. I like "making things," especially creative things, and I love playing music, but the attention/performance requirements that comes with it isn't my definition of "fun..." I think it's especially so since I'm a very very very private person lol. xD What am I doing on YouTube?! haha!
I understand how you feel. I always feel so awkward when I'm serving at work, and a table says they watch my videos. It's really cool, but I feel like they know who I am and they're strangers. To me it's a concept I can't wrap my head around.

As to the creative part... I love YT for that reason. Being able to share different types of creativity on a social platform and get feedback, as well as inspire others. That is what makes YT fun! But I'm also a private person, who is extremely introverted. So I don't know why I put myself out there either. It's a double-edged sword.

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On youtube Id want to have 15k subs and make 1k views after a week on a video, but I wouldnt want to be famous for the same reasons you have listed.

SmokeySpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe, but if you are not in it for the fans, for the people watching, then are you just in it for the money? I would say definitely, my fans are what keep me going, and the more fans the more motivation, a lot of fans and fame