I DO NOT want YouTube Fame

Would you like to become "YouTube Famous?"

• Total voters

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Anyone else? I would love to have a steady monthly income from YouTube to help with my rent, etc. But I actually do not want YouTube fame. I look at some creators and just feel bad for them. No privacy, "minions," people idolizing their every move, been stopped in the street, etc.

I think it's cool when I meet people who say "Hey! I watch your videos, they're super helpful," but I would hate to have to change how I live my life.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I feel ya, I would love to have it as my main income but yeah I know what you mean with people being weird and idolizing and stuff like that

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes... why? Well... if you are a car channel youtube fame opens many doors. And I'd like that. But, it isn't in the cards so I don't have to worry about it.

One thing: If you do not want to be YouTube famous you best not create content with your face in it. There is a chance, however remote, that you are the one that will take off. And if you are not comfortable being out there with thousands of subscribers and millions of views you best quit YouTube right now.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
im half and half, i love youtube so much so would love it to become a main career, but sadly to be able to live off adsense alone you need the viewers, and with the large amount of viewers comes the fame, and also sponsorships etc which include earning even more money, so in a sense i would have to lean more towards the answer of yes to this question as it's the only real way to earn an income you can live off

Reactions: xxheathermarie

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know honestly. It sounds like itd be a really cool thing to be. All the opportunities being youtube famous brings and the voice it gives you would be cool to have.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It makes me really anxious to think about my work finding out about my YT channel. Not that my content is bad or anything but I would like to separate my internet life from my personal life :/. I am extremely introverted and quiet in real life and with my channel I feel like I can truly be the person that I have always wanted to be in person. So when people talk about my videos in public with me around I get really anxious. I don't know. I'm just doing it and we'll cross that bridge when I get there. Or I'll just drown myself under it.

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My attitude is what happens, happens! I'm doing Youtube for fun and if it turns in to something more, that's great! If not, I'm having a heck of a time doing it :)

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm doing it for fun, but would love to become YT famous, not going to lie. Not interested in the money so much as entertaining and reaching people and being part of something bigger.

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would love to become known, enough to have a lot of people looking forward to my videos when I upload. But at the same time, I do not want to be a famous YouTuber. I record gameplays because I have fun playing the game but when you're famous, it's not gonna be fun anymore because people are gonna demand certain games to be played.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm the same way. I'd much rather be the cameraman and/or the person in the music producer's chair behind the scenes. Right now, I don't have anyone else but myself to film and make music for...so....I film myself playing music. As more and more people say they know me from my videos, I want to disappear and go back to being invisible... x_x

I don't know why....I guess I've never liked attention. I like "making things," especially creative things, and I love playing music, but the attention/performance requirements that comes with it isn't my definition of "fun..." I think it's especially so since I'm a very very very private person lol. xD What am I doing on YouTube?! haha!