I can't animate, so this is the result...

GaminGit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been making gaming videos for a little over a year now.

However, I've always wanted more freedom - Like being able to animate anything I wanted, to create a story anyway I like, without being limited to the confines of the game etc...

I had an idea yesterday, that instead of learning how to animate (I am a father of two and work a professional, full time career outside of YouTube) which would take months/years to master, I could perhaps use stock customisable animations and footage to fit my story.

Although this doesn't give me the real creative freedom I desire - It would at least allow me to experiment.

I wanted to make a dark, humorous and random video (that is a little bit edgy) - If it is popular I will make more, maybe a series. My hardcore following seem to be liking it so far in the 12 hours its been live, but I want to know what a more diverse audience would think.

Please note, the video contains a small amount of swearing - So if you're easily offended, it's probably best to skip this one!

I would like you to give me your comments and critiques (I am a fully grown man, you can be brutal if required) on:

1 - The ease of understanding the narration (and if English is not your first language, please specify).
2 - Your thoughts on the depth of audio ambiance/sound effects (too much/not enough etc?)
3 - How well the visuals matched the narration (did it suit or did you feel disconnected?)
4 - Subject matter (Was it too edgy, too try hard or?)
5 - The quality of the video as a whole
6 - How did the video leave you feeling afterwards? (did you want more, feel sad or happy etc etc?)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks for you time!

Tony 2Hoofs

Reaction score
Hey GaminGit,
I Just got on this sight today and started youtube yesterday so take my advice with a grain of salt.
However I am a Graphic Designer and make video games so I know a lil something something.

Browsing on this sight for 3hrs or so this is the best content I've seen so far.

1 - The ease of understanding the narration (and if English is not your first language, please specify).
Pretty good, kinda meanders at points but the perspective is a kid so it works.

2 - Your thoughts on the depth of audio ambiance/sound effects (too much/not enough etc?)
I wouldn't change much. Most the laughs came from your dialogue not the sound effects so dont over do it on the sound effects, pick you're places and make it unexpected.

3 - How well the visuals matched the narration (did it suit or did you feel disconnected?)
I really liked the animation art and as you get better at animation you can do more movement down the line and not rely on as much stock video.
But the animation and stock video together didn't bother me at all, I think it works.
I noticed you gave the video clips a slight green/yellow tint to try and blend it with the animation, maybe make it more green?

4 - Subject matter (Was it too edgy, too try hard or?)
I didn't mind the edginess, I think it dragged on a little, maybe try hopping back to kiddish dialogue quicker? My biggest laughs were when you had a very kid moment fallowed by a brutally honest depressing or adult moment and once you get that laugh you can jump back to kiddish dialogue it might not seem as try hard? idk

5 - The quality of the video as a whole
Good, keep it up. Im looking forward to more.

6 - How did the video leave you feeling afterwards? (did you want more, feel sad or happy etc etc?)
I want more of those two videos. Your other gaming content isn't really for me, but I'm hoping to see more of this content.
I also think these two videos are more unique then your other content and you've found a unique voice.

Cheers,
Tony2Hoofs

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
this reminds me of salad fingers (in the nicest possible way). the clips you've used blend in really well with each other, keep it up!

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Generally good video quality, 1080p would be better but isn't a must. Audio sounds a little bit like it was slowed down slightly. The subject matter is just about right, very dark humor indeed but I like it. I laughed my a** off watching this.

Vycemor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well here's my opinion!

1 - I completely understood the story and your english was awesome! But i did not really like the effect u put in the voice :s kinda strangw!
2 - the music and sound effects were nice but the voice effects kinda turned me off :c
3 - Perfectly! Loved it!
4 - I think it was just fine honestly a video I was able to watch from the begging to the end without any interruption
5 - I give it an B just cause the voice effects weren't that good
6 - I wanted more!!