I cannot access my branding account after converting from personal channel and now cant even post my problem in youtube's forum

iamchrisstone

Reaction score
I had a personal YouTube channel and I decided to switch it to a brand account. But, when I’m logged in, in some places it shows my full channel and other places it says that it doesn’t exist. I’m going to try to give as much detail as possible. If there is more info that you need, please let me know. I’m hoping someone in this community can help me.

My channel was tied to my email address, with 196 subscribers, but I had not chosen a custom url yet because I knew I wanted to switch it to a brand account (sorry if the term “brand account” is not correct”).

I followed the directions to switch it over and decided on the title “Chris and Jill In Real Life”. Everything went smoothly.

As it appears that I’m logged in under using Chrome, it shows my YouTube Channel as the Chris and Jill…. I tap the circle in the top right corner to access the menu and click on “My Channel”. When I do that, I get a red bar that goes across a nearly blank screen that says “This channel does not exist.”.

When I go down to “Switch Account”, it shows the Chris And Jill channel as one of the options with the 196 subscribers. I even click on that just in case it made a duplicate or something, but goes into the same circle of this channel does not exist.

I search one of my videos “Carnival Sunshine Recap Christmas” and the very first video is mine. It shows my name is Christopher Stone which is what I had it before. I click on my name and it pulls up a channel that looks just like mine before, but says “Chris and Jill In Real Life”. So from this viewpoint, everything looks like it should.

I go back up to the top right corner and go to the YouTube Studio and I get a blank screen that says “Oops! Something went wrong.”. I hit the back button to go back to my channel.

Again, I go to the top right corner and then go down to “Settings”. Everything here looks normal to me. It shows the picture that I uploaded for the new channel as well as Chris and Jill In Real Life. I have gone down all of the settings to the left to see if anything looks wrong, and it all looks fine to me. Also, I went into account managers and it has me as the account owner with my email address.

So, I am unable to access my channel to make changes, customize or even see the inside of it. I can only see what a visitor would see.
I’m really looking forward to some help from all of you!

Oh, and now it won't even let me post in the YouTube forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Gemstone

Reaction score
It happened to me, i panicked but worked fine the next day. Hope it eorks well with you!