I became a full-time YouTuber.

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I wouldn't be doing it if I couldn't pay my house bills. Why does it matter how much money?Thats why it is obvious. I would be out on the road if I didn't make enough.
The "I became a full time youtuber" is very much bound to how much money you earn. I wasn't asking for a sum, but for a rough percentage of the income sources.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The "I became a full time youtuber" is very much bound to how much money you earn. I wasn't asking for a sum, but for a rough percentage of the income sources.
Sorry, through sponsoring on both youtube and twitch, superchats and paypal along with ad revenue. Pulling between 500-1000 each month which for a young man in college like me is plenty. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Crown

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sorry, through sponsoring on both youtube and twitch, superchats and paypal along with ad revenue. Pulling between 500-1000 each month which for a young man in college like me is plenty. Hope that helps!
Yeah, that's what I expected. I was at around 650€ per month for for quite some time and I financed my university studies through my channel. All the best for the future!

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
congrats man - don't let people doubt you. As an entrepreneur who left my full time job to start a business, taking the leap from safety to uncertainty can be scary but it pushes people made for it to greatness. most people never make the leap, which is why it's weird to them, but also why you will win.

about the $$ - everyone has a number financially that works for them to make them "full time" - i think it's easier if you're younger without a house, tons of bills, kids, etc (why didn't i start in college?!) haha

Reactions: StraightUpIrish

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
congrats man - don't let people doubt you. As an entrepreneur who left my full time job to start a business, taking the leap from safety to uncertainty can be scary but it pushes people made for it to greatness. most people never make the leap, which is why it's weird to them, but also why you will win.

about the $$ - everyone has a number financially that works for them to make them "full time" - i think it's easier if you're younger without a house, tons of bills, kids, etc (why didn't i start in college?!) haha
Appreciate the encouraging words friend, hope the best for you in the future!

Reactions: Crown

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
People seem to confuse "full time" with "succesful".
I guess @StraightUpIrish you are a succesful Youtuber and congatulations!
Full time would mean to drop college for Youtube... (rather not!!!).
:)

Flora Murunga

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing your journey, this is so inspiring!
I also aim to quit my job and fulfil youtube in future. I just can't wait till it happens!

Reactions: StraightUpIrish

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
People seem to confuse "full time" with "succesful".
I guess @StraightUpIrish you are a succesful Youtuber and congatulations!
Full time would mean to drop college for Youtube... (rather not!!!).
:)
No I am full-time, have been for over 6 months. Dropped out last year, I make enough to pay for rent and all :)[DOUBLEPOST=1528059539,1528059522][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for sharing your journey, this is so inspiring!
I also aim to quit my job and fulfil youtube in future. I just can't wait till it happens!
Hope you get to do it buddy, everybody deserves the chance!

Reactions: videoeditgr

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
This is a great story. I'm glad you are doing well. I'm not sure how active or passive your income is, but I am glad it is working for your lifestyle. Personally, if I EVER get some type of sponsorship or make any form of revenue through YouTube, I only want it to be enough to help me getting decent equipment or be able to buy the LEGO/products that I use on my Channel. I don't think I want to use it for myself that much. I feel like I owe it to my audience for my success so I should only be pumping it back into my Channel.

Travis McP

Reaction score
Just to point something out, it isn't smart to have all of your money coming from one source even if that is Youtube. You should ALWAYS be diversifying your income. If Youtube is your primary source of income and you aren't one of the Paul brothers or someone like that, you are doing it wrong.

BTW this isn't aimed at the OP as he is doing it correctly. Just anyone who thinks that having all or most of your money coming from YT is a good idea. It isn't.