I Apparently Have Subscriber Jumps That are "Suspicious"

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So in the past two weeks, two different people said I have "suspicious" subscriber growth rate and subscriber activity, when I asked them for advice. They said it looks as if I done sub4sub or got a whole bunch of fake subscribers. Here is a good example on a thread where I asked "What Could Have Caused my Channel to Die?":
"I see that you had some sketchy and random jumps in subscribers. I am not saying that this is exactly your case but buying subs/sub4subing/creating multiple accounts for subscribers is NOT going to help you at all. That is why a channel can "die". Because it was never alive in the first place. This is not a good way to build your channel."

So what should I think of all of this? And why are people so convinced I do things like sub4sub? Should I be worried by this? Is it a possible reason my channel has awful growth?

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Your numbers don't look suspicious. I'd look at Jan 22-27, 2017 and see where your jump in subs came from that day and do that more though.

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Likely somebody assuming.

Everybody is a critic man, everybody.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Here is a good example on a thread where I asked "What Could Have Caused my Channel to Die?":
"I see that you had some sketchy and random jumps in subscribers. I am not saying that this is exactly your case but buying subs/sub4subing/creating multiple accounts for subscribers is NOT going to help you at all. That is why a channel can "die". Because it was never alive in the first place. This is not a good way to build your channel."
I've just checked that thread and nobody said that or anything like it.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ok, thanks. I just found it strange how three people all said the same thing.

Having said that, something weird happened on January 22nd. According to SB, you had 9 views that day but 35 people subbed to you. That does look weird but maybe it was one of YouTube's glitches where they adjusted sub counts. Everything since that date looks normal.