i am looking for Short lenght movie creators

aviectus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there
i am asking what exactly the title says!!
I am looking for youtubers that are filming, producing, and writing scripts for short films!!
i have some questions for you:
1) how you write your script?
2) under what criteria you create your characters
3) you write your script ahead of schedule or you imporvise even on production

i am waiting for your feedback - exchanging ideas
as i am not allowed to post videos here, you can visit my channel and see my trailer of the new movie at the featured page!

Reactions: fxchannelhouse

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have a story. Write it down in a few sentences.
Then Based on your story write down the characters that will be in the movie. <age, length, sex, country, hobbys> Anything.
Even write down the past. Maybe he witnessed his parents die in a car crash. This will help actors to be the person.

Write your script. (can be done in different ways just make sure people understand.) Normally I use a program called celtx.

A story board is useful. If you have it you already know what you need to film. But improvisation is necessary. When on set everything will happen around you. Maybe the street is blocked and you need to move to another film location. Do you see shots you normally didn't see. Just capture them.

Time is also something why scripts are changed. Some shots arn't necessary some scenes are too. When you lack the time. Think if you really need the shot. Don't you have enough to tell the story you want to tell? Otherwise skip it.
I never experienced one film set where everything went smooth and good. I'm still student but even on more professional sets things will go wrong. Don't be afraid to improvise and try to capture as much as possible. You probably don't film on "film" anymore but digital. So shoot what can be shot you probably won't return to the same place again.

It's still morning and not sure if I told everything I wanted to tell when starting this message but if ya need any help feel free to contact me.