I am getting discouraged...

Reaction score
Hello. So I've been on YouTube for about a month now and I've been doing research like everyone says. I've been putting out good content, watching my tags, making custom thumbnails, making sure my title is searchable and all that jazz, but lately, my views went from like 5 (ten at the highest) to literally zero and I don't know what to do at this point. If time is what it takes, shouldn't I be seeing results? If no one is seeing my videos how am I supposed to grow?

Ian Smith

Reaction score
Website
stemgoals.co.uk
Channel Type
Other
I'm in the same boat - I started a Physics educational channel 3 years ago that's doing pretty well but my new channel is getting very little traction. My tactic is to make several videos on the same topic so that it shows up higher and higher in search (that's the theory anyway). I was lucky that nobody else was really making videos like mine for the Physics exams I teach for so I guess I had a monopoly. If I was you, I'd try and do as much promotion as possible on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, pinterest, reddit and anything else you can find. Apart from that, keep plugging away at videos with the same focus so you'll have a few out if somebody is looking for that type of content.

Reactions: awesomemagpickle

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
1 month is no time at all and 5-10 views isn't a big enough sample for YouTube's algorithm to determine if your content is "good" or not. YouTube takes time. It's a marathon not a sprint. Also everyone tends to overestimate their own content and underestimate the competition. I'm not saying your content is bad but I'm sure there is a lots of room for improvement. :)

You mentioned titles but you should also be writing good descriptions that describe your content. My advice for SEO for new channels is go after the "low-hanging fruit" - I mean don't target the really competitive search terms. An example for a gaming channel:

Don't target terms like " Minecraft let's play" - This has been done to death and there will be millions of other videos you have to compete with. A new channel will NEVER get on page one for that.

A better term would be "How to build a wooden bridge in Minecraft" (obv just an example) - Since this is way more specific, there will be fewer videos to compete with. If your thumbnail is good and relevant to "How to build a wooden bridge in Minecraft" and the term is in the title, description and tags AND the content is all about "How to build a wooden bridge in Minecraft" and gets right to the point and is short and concise, then the video could well. You at least have a fighting chance of getting search traffic.

So think about the long, specific phrases people are searching for in your niche and write them all down. Then make an amzing video on each on and put the terms in your title, description and tags and make a relevant, catchy thumbnail.

Be active on Twitter but don't just use twitter to post your videos. Make tweets about other stuff - not just your videos. If you add value, people will follow.

ericblak1947

Reaction score
Hello. So I've been on YouTube for about a month now and I've been doing research like everyone says. I've been putting out good content, watching my tags, making custom thumbnails, making sure my title is searchable and all that jazz, but lately, my views went from like 5 (ten at the highest) to literally zero and I don't know what to do at this point. If time is what it takes, shouldn't I be seeing results? If no one is seeing my videos how am I supposed to grow?
When someone watches your video do they share it? If not the content might not be as good as you think it is.

There are thousands upon thousands of people trying to get big on youtube. Try making something that people can only get from you.

Freyal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Everyone will say it, but I'll go ahead and also say it: I know the feeling! My early videos had very few views, and most of them were my friends that I asked to watch them lol. But as I made better thumbnails and learned more in terms of photoshopping and editing videos, making interesting titles, and promoting, my views became more consistent.

Now, I'm not an expert by any means but take it from another small channel, it does get better. Just keep learning and improving and people will begin to watch. Just find your niche and promote.

vijaylaxmi

Reaction score
Expecting an organic result in one month is not an easy task. People work for more than year to get good number of views, like and subscribers.

Reactions: ksbengineer1914
Reaction score
I've been at it for a year, using only the organic method and i'm only at 69 subs and 1100 total channel views. Its clearly not an easy road, not sure how to proceed myself; however, i'm wondering how would advertising affect my page, would it be real views or botted?

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger

you are just a month in...as i tell many people on this forum...you need to do YT bc you enjoy it not because you are trying to get big or known the cold hard truth is many of us wont reach that 1m subs mile stone and that is why you are getting burned out or losing motivation. hate to be blunt, but you need to just look past that and enjoy doing videos as a hobby. I started YT thinking I wouldn't even pass 100 subs but I didnt care. I wanted to document my own story for myself.

as for views, you need to be patient, find a niche give something users want to see at the start till you build a fan base. example, most people dont want to see you gaming for 20mins they want to see tips, tricks, best games coming out, top horror games coming out. when I had my gaming channel, those are the videos that got a lot of views. i no longer do gaming well..bc its not what I am passionate about. sure i like playing games, but no way I can record it all the time. but most of all, do it for yourself. if people like your stuff, they will come.

anyhow hate to be blunt but that is the way it is. most YTers just get into it to get "huge" or get a lot of money...that wont happen for many of us and probably me as well. but im fine with that and you need to be fine with it too to continue on. so have fun with it make it a hobby not a way to make extra income. look at all the new users that come in, guarantee 2 or 3 mo later, you wont see any more videos from them on YT bc they think its "shortcut" to get money or something? no thats not it. anyhow sorry if I seemed like an A-hole but just being honest

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Funny enough I was gonna write out a reply but Will and Crown said pretty much everything I wanted to lol.