I am currently being dislike botted for no reason, What can I do about it?

Triforce

Reaction score
Hi YTTalk!

I am a very small Youtuber with a few subscribers and I don't know what I done but I am being targeted by a dislike bot,

If I upload a video it gets dislike botted almost right away,

I searched around a lot and found that people said in 2013 'Dislikes are good, they help your seo on Youtube!'

This might be true 2017 aswell but it still hurts a bit and I am afraid that new people that enters my videos sees that it says "23 likes - 250 dislikes" making them leave because 'It has to be a reason for this'.

Is it best if I just disable ratings all together for a few months and hope the little kid who lives in his mothers basement stop this? (No offense to people who live at home)

Thanks!

Reactions: User_78298

Michielmarto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
wow that sucks so bad but its better than notting.
how many views u get?

BrokenGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This happened to me once last year. I turned off the public like/dislike counter for a couple of months, so people aren't influenced by the false numbers but I can still see feedback. After a while, the botting stopped

Reactions: Triforce

Triforce

Reaction score
wow that sucks so bad but its better than notting.
how many views u get?
My videos maybe get 10 views in total, but I get 100-300 dislikes per video within 1 minute (From when the botter starts his bot until I have recieved all of them).

The dislikes dosen't even count as 1 viewer, the video still have (For example) 19 views, 3 likes and a few houndred dislikes

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I remember someone on this forum discussing a possible fix for this. You can try temporarily disabling likes for a few hours after you upload a video, which tend to be the window that attracts the most dislikes. After that, re-enable likes and the disliking should be very minimal. I'm not sure if it'll work for bots, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Someone has it out for you. Ignore it and don't give them the satisfaction. They'll soon see it is futile and move on.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy/technique advice forum. ^_^

Triforce

Reaction score
Someone has it out for you. Ignore it and don't give them the satisfaction. They'll soon see it is futile and move on.
I hope!

I disabled ratings on my videos and I tested to let 1 new video with rating and bam, Dislike botted but the kid got more accounts now, It dosen't even count has a view, 390 dislikes 3 views on the video. Is there no way for Youtube to detect this and ban the bot accounts?

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hope!

I disabled ratings on my videos and I tested to let 1 new video with rating and bam, Dislike botted but the kid got more accounts now, It dosen't even count has a view, 390 dislikes 3 views on the video. Is there no way for Youtube to detect this and ban the bot accounts?
They do, but the only official way to find out is to contact their Support.

Inform them you've been -ve botted, but the best thing they could do is to either reverse the effects or ban the culprit (if he or she even has an account).

Triforce

Reaction score
They do, but the only official way to find out is to contact their Support.

Inform them you've been -ve botted, but the best thing they could do is to either reverse the effects or ban the culprit (if he or she even has an account).
Hi where do I contact Youtube regarding this issue? I would love if it could get resolved as for me, It seems 'shady' to have ratings disabled but it's only way due to the kid who keeps dislike bot my channel