I always suffer from this! (Returning from a Trip!)

CrashCraze

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This always happens and it sucks! Whenever I travel for a small while (weekend or three days) I return home and feel i guess lazy?! I always try to make videos a head of time so that while I'm away I can just post them but I never get it done! Does this ever happen to you? I haven't necessarily lost my motivation to make videos but I just still feel in that travel mood! What do you do to ensure your channel still thrives while you're away?! Until I can master pre scheduling my uploads I guess I'll keep having this problem! Hope your weekends were good by the way!! :)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I just try to never let my schedule slip. If it takes pre-filming and uploading with the Scheduler, I'll do that, or if it means I just have to plow through a lot of filming and editing in a day, I'll do that. I'm a great believer in the idea that motivation should be secondary to action. The more you do, the more you can get done.

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Stay gone longer lol

what i mean is when i usually go on vacation it's for a week. it's the perfect amount of time. when you come back you'll be ready to jump back into things.

Reactions: CrashCraze

Eva Jupiter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I think the best thing to do is to make a schedule of exactly what days and times to video and edit certain stuff.

A great productive technique is called the pomodoro technique which is when you work 25 mins straight without distraction. Like if you have to make a thumbnail, set your timer for 25 mins and work insanely hard at it then allow for a 5 min break after those 25 mins are done. Then if you're still not done, set another 25 mins or how ever long. :)

CrashCraze

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree! I've been trying to keep to a schedule to record everything and then block out editing time! I feel like when it comes to a trip or leaving home for a bit I always tend to mess up on getting my channel ready for a few days of not being home and being able to do stuff I would normally have time for! I think the more I try and improve in general hopefully itll get easier! Trying to get back on track for this week and hopefully by the weekend I'll be all caught up!

Yeah I think the best thing to do is to make a schedule of exactly what days and times to video and edit certain stuff.

A great productive technique is called the pomodoro technique which is when you work 25 mins straight without distraction. Like if you have to make a thumbnail, set your timer for 25 mins and work insanely hard at it then allow for a 5 min break after those 25 mins are done. Then if you're still not done, set another 25 mins or how ever long. :)
This could totally help me when it comes to my editing and when it comes to me making thumbnails! I swear I lose countless hours switching from my editing to looking at other youtube videos! My procrastination skills are crazy! :happy:

Reactions: Eva Jupiter