How's your YouTube Channel going in 2019 so far?

DIY Reid

I've had my channel for a few years now. I just recently in the last year started to get more serious about posting videos regularly and making a point to grow my channel. I was monetized by YouTube early January this year. I've had some moderate growth and I've been pleasantly surprised with how well it's done. As of the last 5 days as you can see in the graph below all the sudden one of my videos started to take off like crazy! I've gone from getting on average about 3500 - 4000 views per 48 hours to 16000 views per 48 hours. I've had one video get 18000 views in 72 hours! It's crazy!

I'm a recent starter with not much traction, 6 subs with roughly 200 views for the past two months... *goes and cries in a corner*

Joking aside, :) getting more serious about it is key here and whatever you did is working.

Congrats and keep it up!

I'm a recent starter with not much traction, 6 subs with roughly 200 views for the past two months... *goes and cries in a corner*

Joking aside, :) getting more serious about it is key here and whatever you did is working.

Congrats and keep it up!

Thank you. I don't know what type of content you provide, however, my bit of advice is make sure you're providing something useful to others. If it's just a vlog/gaming channel style there is just so much of that out there you'd essentially have to be super funny or provide enough content for someone to want to watch it.

Thank you. I don't know what type of content you provide, however, my bit of advice is make sure you're providing something useful to others. If it's just a vlog/gaming channel style there is just so much of that out there you'd essentially have to be super funny or provide enough content for someone to want to watch it.

Indeed... I said in another post that in the gaming market there's a torrent of the same videos with a different voice in each. Being in such a noisy market poses quite the challenge.

The way I figure it for my case at least, is that up until I'm caught up with the skills I'm missing, as I have an idea that will need time to develop, I might as well push out videos that do have some entertainment value, at least those are the kinds that I watch from time to time (ie: I know the kind).

Great Although I'm technically on my first year, I'm pretty consistent and business moves are being made even as a small channel.

Some of the content on my main channel is now going to be uploaded to a new channel.
The new channel will have it's own focus and my main channel will also benefit from being more focused.
Maybe in 6-7 months I can get the new channel monetized =P

_TH.jpg

I've gone from getting on average about 3500 - 4000 views per 48 hours to 16000 views per 48 hours. I've had one video get 18000 views in 72 hours! It's crazy!

Sometimes that can happen when somebody shares your video on a popular forum - recognised by a big spike for a day or two. Or sometimes Youtube algorithm decides for reasons only it knows to promote you in people's homepage page or something. I hope it stays that way for you and not just a random spike. Good work!

i think im doing alright for a dirtbike vlog channel. took me forever to hit 100 subs, 200 came quicker, now getting 10 a week about more or less. Im not even doing anything nor advertising (sometimes forums and stuff) my views are also matching my sub count and have a high video retention rate, so I think I am doing alright for 240 subs. always get a bit worried though one video will just be crappy and under 100 views haha

Back