Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How you stay organized on yt

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Andreea, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Andreea
    Cash:
    $38
    So I know I should post at least once a week on youtube since I'm new and I'm trying to grow but it's just that I feel so unorganized about my videos. Any tips on this topic? And do you write scripts for your videos?

2. PureDangles
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $38
    Im a big list person. I know we have two different styles of videos but making list can usually help anyone! This is what i usually do for my list.

1. Record episode of (insert series name here)
    2. Edit Video
    3. Create a thumbnail for video
    4. Upload video/tags, description, ex

Then even when my video comes out i have a check list for promoting it.

1. Tweet with proper hashtags
    2. interact on similar channels/comments (not spamming my channel or video)
    3. Post on correct reddits if possible
    4. Visit forum sites that relate to video

I just always seem to function better and more organized with list, and when i can check things off. I always put these in my phone when im having a hard time/procrastinating making content.

Andreea likes this.
  3. Hopeless Insomniac
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $0
    I personally have a journal where I keep some video ideas. Sometimes if it is a talking video I write down a bit about what I want to say or what points I want to get across. I know a lot of people benefit from having an upload schedule.

4. Rolz
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $20
    No scripts just some bullet points :D I try and organize my YT folders on my pc correctly as it helps speed up my workflow.

5. Chris Raynerson
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $90
    I have a journal for script ideas/jokes/other social media ideas. Then when it's time to sit down and plan, I grab it and see what I can work with. Cross off stuff once I placed the idea/note on something more formal. I'll have that journal everywhere with me so once I come up with something, boom. There it goes.

That's as far as my organization goes. I'm more focused on making every social network I have as a place of its own rather than constant redirecting to my YouTube channel. So it's still a bit messy right now.

6. Envision Adventure
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $69
    My upload schedule is pretty simple since I put up a video every Monday. Typical any ideas I have for videos I save as notes in my phone. I never have a script, just bullet points I want to talk about in the video.

7. Hi!MyNameIsJan
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $105
    I don´t have a schedule, i just try to publish a video every week. Has worked this far.
    I use scripts word for word. When i try to improvise i need to many takes and the quality suffers. But my videos are about philosophys and ethics and my thougts, not a Vlog, so i need to be on point. Only possible with a script.
    Ideas just come to my mind. If i don´t have a idea i just work on my "What is ... [philosophy/ethic]" series, i just need to pick a philosophy i want to research and than i knew what i need to do. Takes more time to write a script, but no creativity.
    Everybody should have a format he can do if he has no ideas... makes keeping your schedule much easier.
    Normally i do research and script writing on one day, editing, uploading and tagging next day. The video will be in private so i can publish it when i want to - but i dont need to organize a lot because the whole process is done in 36 hours.

8. Toast Gaming
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $233
    I fully script every video and then do a small amount of ad libbing when I think that something should be said differently than I've written it. As for keeping organized, I release videos twice per week (Wednesdays and Saturdays) and always try to have the videos uploaded and scheduled to go a few days in advance. I generally record the commentary the same day I finish writing the script and use the few days before that to gather gaming footage while I'm writing it.

9. Kush Patel
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $39
    I make a new folder on my desktop for every specific upload with files that are needed for that. Then i delete those files after a week or so to make room for new uploads. It works pretty well for me.

10. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Cash:
    $5,762
    Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)