How you stay organized on yt

Andreea

Reaction score
So I know I should post at least once a week on youtube since I'm new and I'm trying to grow but it's just that I feel so unorganized about my videos. Any tips on this topic? And do you write scripts for your videos?

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im a big list person. I know we have two different styles of videos but making list can usually help anyone! This is what i usually do for my list.

1. Record episode of (insert series name here)
2. Edit Video
3. Create a thumbnail for video
4. Upload video/tags, description, ex

Then even when my video comes out i have a check list for promoting it.

1. Tweet with proper hashtags
2. interact on similar channels/comments (not spamming my channel or video)
3. Post on correct reddits if possible
4. Visit forum sites that relate to video

I just always seem to function better and more organized with list, and when i can check things off. I always put these in my phone when im having a hard time/procrastinating making content.

Reactions: Andreea

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I personally have a journal where I keep some video ideas. Sometimes if it is a talking video I write down a bit about what I want to say or what points I want to get across. I know a lot of people benefit from having an upload schedule.

Rolz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I know I should post at least once a week on youtube since I'm new and I'm trying to grow but it's just that I feel so unorganized about my videos. Any tips on this topic? And do you write scripts for your videos?
No scripts just some bullet points :D I try and organize my YT folders on my pc correctly as it helps speed up my workflow.

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I have a journal for script ideas/jokes/other social media ideas. Then when it's time to sit down and plan, I grab it and see what I can work with. Cross off stuff once I placed the idea/note on something more formal. I'll have that journal everywhere with me so once I come up with something, boom. There it goes.

That's as far as my organization goes. I'm more focused on making every social network I have as a place of its own rather than constant redirecting to my YouTube channel. So it's still a bit messy right now.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My upload schedule is pretty simple since I put up a video every Monday. Typical any ideas I have for videos I save as notes in my phone. I never have a script, just bullet points I want to talk about in the video.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I don´t have a schedule, i just try to publish a video every week. Has worked this far.
I use scripts word for word. When i try to improvise i need to many takes and the quality suffers. But my videos are about philosophys and ethics and my thougts, not a Vlog, so i need to be on point. Only possible with a script.
Ideas just come to my mind. If i don´t have a idea i just work on my "What is ... [philosophy/ethic]" series, i just need to pick a philosophy i want to research and than i knew what i need to do. Takes more time to write a script, but no creativity.
Everybody should have a format he can do if he has no ideas... makes keeping your schedule much easier.
Normally i do research and script writing on one day, editing, uploading and tagging next day. The video will be in private so i can publish it when i want to - but i dont need to organize a lot because the whole process is done in 36 hours.

Toast Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I fully script every video and then do a small amount of ad libbing when I think that something should be said differently than I've written it. As for keeping organized, I release videos twice per week (Wednesdays and Saturdays) and always try to have the videos uploaded and scheduled to go a few days in advance. I generally record the commentary the same day I finish writing the script and use the few days before that to gather gaming footage while I'm writing it.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I make a new folder on my desktop for every specific upload with files that are needed for that. Then i delete those files after a week or so to make room for new uploads. It works pretty well for me.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)