How Would You Make it Clear That Your Videos are Intended for Adults?

Zach Werre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So I've been wanting to start a channel that would focus on the gaming franchise Pokemon but with the recent restrictions on kids content, I'm unsure. I would still love to share videos online and connect with other fans but I want to keep features like the notification bell, community tab, comments, appearing in search, etc.

A simple solution to me seems to just make Pokemon videos intended for the adult fanbase (sorry children). The issue I'm having is how can I make my videos so it's clear that they're made for adults since there's a number of kids that like Pokemon. My fear is that someone would find my videos and because they're about Pokemon, they fine them because they feel like the videos are intended for kids.

One thought I had would be to use words that kids probably wouldn't understand like extemporaneous. I'm just not sure but I wanted to see what you guys might think. Do you think there's a way I can make a videos intended for adults that discuss a topic that kids also find interesting or is that impossible?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah, it's a tricky situation.

You could flash a message on the screen in the first few seconds of the video, something along the lines of "This video is intended for people aged [insert target age] and above." Of course, that won't stop kids from watching but it shows you're acting in good faith.

Disclaimer - That is not legal advice. :)

EarsToHear

Reaction score
If your content isn't inappropriate, why should you label it only for adults?

Last edited:

Zach Werre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If your content isn't inappropriate, why should you label it only for adults?
I guess what I was talking about was making my videos made for adults, not appropriate for adults. Kind of like how a news show on CBS or NBC is intended for adults/older people but is normally is ok for kids to watch too.

Last edited: