How useful are annotations

Reaction score
Just a brief question for the successful YouTube out there, I just started playing with Annotations and was wondering if they work well and help people navigate your videos better. I dont see them always used which leaves me wondering if there just extra feature that doesn't do anything.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The best way I think theyre used is providing people a reminder of to do something, you want them to engage with your video and channel as much as possible and for them to keep on watching. Personally I think having a subscribe annotation and an annotation for one or more of your previous videos is the best way to utilise them. Another good thing is using them to cross promote channels if you ever do that. I wouldnt over use them though, I am verging on the over use of them on YTtalkTV in my opinion.

Reactions: Vicboss

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I don't use them as much as I should. It's always a good idea to have a subscribe link, people are unbelievably lazy and if your video is embedded in a forum or something many people who might have subbed if there was a link will be like "oh I have to go to all the way to youtube to do it? nah.." so having that link is always a good idea.

Reactions: Michael
Reaction score
Right now I'm trying out three across the top, one on each side for the next chapters, and one in the middle for a different series or a subscribe button. Figured I'd see if they help boost more views

MegaDashCam

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Right now I'm trying out three across the top, one on each side for the next chapters, and one in the middle for a different series or a subscribe button. Figured I'd see if they help boost more views
I would do it only at the end of the videos or/and beginning. I just use playlists instead...

WhereMyLaLasAt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't like using them , except at the end of my videos, but if they're relevant o be used during the video then they definitely should be!

Briannabana

Lacey Less Singer/Songwriter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I usually use it for a reminder , or if I made a minor mistake in the editing of my video or I need to explain something about the video I will put a label or annotation :)