How to use small audio clips to create a tune

Ender_Source

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been watching a couple of youtube videos that use small audio clips to create a funny tunes or song. Ive always wondered how you do this as i cant find a tutorial online.
Im mainly talking about small audio clips like tiny not auto tune.
I know you need to constantly change the pitch but its just confussing :(

Mikes

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I think I know what you're talking about, but not exactly sure. Are you referring to something like this? /watch?v=-9jvXuU59G8

If you are, I can give you a basic idea from what I've tried with music software. (FL Studio 12's demo has, like, one limitation, so you can probably do this in the demo.)

Grab your short audio clip and just drag it into any of these:
You should be able to play different versions of the sound by pressing keys on your keyboard. You basically need to make the audio clip like an instrument.

1) Click on the audio clip you just put in and click on the button that's next to the wrench (and near the top). Click on the envelope button so that the audio clip stops when you let go of a key. After that, click and hold the knob labeled "ATT" and bring it all the way down, so that the audio clip instantly plays when you press a key.
2) Next up, you want to listen to the part of the sound that stays in the same pitch the most. Use a piano, keyboard, a piano phone app, or any kind of piano as a reference. Play Middle C, and play your audio clip by pressing different keys on your keyboard until you find the one that sounds the most like Middle C. The notes you play (orange) should show up on this keyboard.
3) Once you've found the note, remember where it is. Count how many keys away it is from Middle C (the blue note). In the above example, mine is 7 keys away. Now go to Middle C, and count away from it using the number you just got, but in the opposite direction. Right click on the note you end up on. If you did this correctly, your audio clip should sound like it's playing a Middle C (C5) note when you click on C5.
4) Go back to the top button on your left (where we started). Go to Time Stretching and change the mode from Resample to Stretch, so that the audio clip maintains its pitch when you hold it down. From there on, mess around with your audio clip. If it finishes too early, or you need it to stay in pitch longer, etc., then grab the knob labeled "MUL". Drag it down to make the audio clip shorter, and drag it upwards to make it longer.
That's just about it! I didn't want to possibly confuse you, so I kept the explanations to a minimum, but there's a lot of other things you can do to edit the audio clip. From there on, making the parody tune just depends on how familiar you are with working on music in FL Studio, and what you know how to do.

Hopefully this answered your question! (or maybe this was totally unrelated, and didn't answer anything. :smug2:)

Reactions: Ender_Source