How to use "Football footage" like a montage /Copyright strike

xecjx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So i want to do a Montage about Costa Rica Football Team (my country) :D
They are doing history in the World Cup!
So i want to do start doing a video for them, BUT i dont want to have copyright strikes!

and i know people do stuff like that but how?!

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Moved this to Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion.

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
You'll always be at risk of copyright strikes when using footage that doesnt belong to you. But try avoiding using footage from big companies and television channels, because they've got their eyes all over YouTube.

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
Also, I would like to thank your country's team for beating Italy and crushing my dream for England.

CtrlAltDelicious

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I believe it would be protected under fair use because you are "transforming" the footage/presenting it in a different way than it's original form. However, I can't say for sure. I think as long as you don't monotize the video or try to make any kind of money off of it it should be okay.

TheBatteryChicken

Level 34 Drug Dealer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I know a channel that has used footage like that, they are also with a network that has the rights to use any of ITV's footage accumulated over the past 110 years.

One work around could be to go to the football matches and actually record the footage yourself

xecjx

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe it would be protected under fair use because you are "transforming" the footage/presenting it in a different way than it's original form. However, I can't say for sure. I think as long as you don't monotize the video or try to make any kind of money off of it it should be okay.
i didnt know that!
that you can upload video with monetize and you dont have a copyright strike! is that how it works!?[DOUBLEPOST=1403498565,1403498549][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know a channel that has used footage like that, they are also with a network that has the rights to use any of ITV's footage accumulated over the past 110 years.

One work around could be to go to the football matches and actually record the footage yourself
I cant go to Brazil :(

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You won't get away with it. Football content is strictly regulated nowadays.