How to target US viewers when I'm from Europe?

DRWBZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi guys, this is an interesting one. It goes without saying that the US is a country with a big population. And I want some of them to watch my videos! But how?

I don't have any friends located over there. All I know is that my content would interest people and perhaps especially for Americans who wish to see beautiful places and things in Europe that they otherwise wouldn't.

Any ideas or tips ? That would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you !!

-DRWBZ

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand.
It goes without saying that the US is a country with a big population.
And that's why the US tops everyone's views statistic anyway, doesn't it? - at least for English content. I make videos in English, my country is set to Germany, but I get the most views from the US by far, followed by the UK, then Germany. What does your statistic look like?

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you make but I think if it is in English and something that applies to anyone, it should do well regardless of location.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you really think that people in the USA would love your content, setup Adwords and target people in the USA only. You can get a person to watch your video for 1 cent already and you can also target age, keywords, etc.
I would also try to see what would be the best upload time for the US.Think if you want to get to them in the morning or maybe around dinner time.

Reactions: k13lock

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends where in Europe your located, translations if your not from U.K. and other English speaking nations etc, and the time you upload. Try uploading at night maybe around 6:pm so you get people in the U.S. to watch cause it would be in the ams I believe. I live in the U.S. by the way.

DRWBZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for all the positive and useful comments guys!
Sabrina : I live in Geneva, Switzerland and most of my friends and family are either here or in London.. and so I'm posting videos but they're the only ones seeing them! Hope that helps you understand better where I'm coming from :)

Reactions: The Cold Abyss

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for all the positive and useful comments guys!
Sabrina : I live in Geneva, Switzerland and most of my friends and family are either here or in London.. and so I'm posting videos but they're the only ones seeing them! Hope that helps you understand better where I'm coming from :)
Try to figure out what time you can post that would also result in an earlier time in the U.S.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Speaking in English is easily the first sure-fire way of drawing in some Stateside viewers, but it's also about tailoring your content to what you know people in America will want.

But because America is such a huge and diverse country, you're more than likely to tap into that demographic regardless of what you do. There are probably certain sports or activities or places they're more into, but there's really no certain way to guarantee views from any particular country.

Roughly 25% of my views come from the US, partly due to the friends I've made who are based over there and I think partly due to my accent, haha. But honestly it's so hard to tell!

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Maybe just question U.S. people for ideas Also look at pewdiepie he did it, just do popular things like maybe the Olympics or current things happening in the U.S. like news for example