How to tap into a new audience?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Where is your location set in channel settings?
Hmm, good point. I changed it Australia, see if that does anything.

Maybe upload stuff we hate like make up tutorials as a quick male extermination run.
Hahaha, I'm terrible at make up, not really into fashion either.
Also put some target countries in the title, desc, tags, and channel tags.
Oh, does that help? I do put 'dutch vlogger' and 'female vlogger' tags on all my videos.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
A fairly large chunk of my analytics is the same... Maybe British guys just really like their Internet connection and YouTube?? I'd just keep making Aussie videos, and I think things will eventually shift. If makeup videos aren't really your style, maybe try making Aussie desserts like Lamingtons -- that might get more ladies to watch. :eek: At least, I want to know how to make lamingtons...especially GF lamingtons lol...

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
maybe try making Aussie desserts like Lamingtons
I had to google what that was xD And yes, I'm GF as well and there are so many things I can't try out! Am planning on doing a GF Aussie snacks haul (so without the Timtams and Shapes and other things everyone already knows anyway xD).

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I had to google what that was xD And yes, I'm GF as well and there are so many things I can't try out! Am planning on doing a GF Aussie snacks haul (so without the Timtams and Shapes and other things everyone already knows anyway xD).
I only know what lamingtons are because it became a meme on Community Channel for a few years. Nat said she was going to show us how to make lamingtons, but never did lol. Everyone wanted to know how to make lamingtons! I still want to make lamingtons... :eek: Snack foods would be cool, too! ^_^

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
if it makes you feel any better 93% of my audience is male too! Maybe there are less girls in the wurld? no1 has counted them recently?

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
the only tip i can think of is maybe do some comparrisson videos?

i love seeing things like "ul home vs us home and hear someone talking about what they like and dislike about each.

then you can include australia and uk and maybe draw those uk obsessed viewers into aussie life by interesting them in whats different and whats the same

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
the only tip i can think of is maybe do some comparrisson videos?

i love seeing things like "ul home vs us home and hear someone talking about what they like and dislike about each.

then you can include australia and uk and maybe draw those uk obsessed viewers into aussie life by interesting them in whats different and whats the same
I actually really like the comparison videos as well! But I feel like I need someone to talk to about it, since I am Dutch and do not have much knowledge of how things work in Aus. Maybe I'll have a chat with my BF, maybe he can assist me :p

Reactions: Lightsen