How to take your videos to the next level?

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think my channel is linked but theres really no need to check it out right now. Im a gaming channel. I do funny montages and informative videos. They're pretty basic. My voice(i do edit it through audacity), gameplay cut together and maybe some music. I want to improve my videos and make them more engaging. To start im going to start writing a script and see how that goes. Other than that do you have any other advice? If you have videos i can watch that would help to.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To start im going to start writing a script and see how that goes
My channel is not a gaming channel but IMO a script is a VERY good thing to start out with. I use a script for every video of mine. So start out by making a awesome script and you are on the right track:up2::)

sparkypi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd suggest making about 3 scripts, good or bad, selecting one and doing it, then go into a random game (maybe use random.org and your steam library) and try to create a video spontaneously. Post the better of the two immediately and try to figure out which idea creation system worked better for you. Personally, I find spontaneous videos to be my forte, but it's always nice to know how to make a script if you're on a schedule.

Reactions: chubbybots

Conight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
"Cutaways" might be a good thing to do for gameplay mashups? Say something happens that you could relate to, a family guy scene, play a clip of that scene for a 2 seconds then cut back to the video (Obviously example however maybe think about it?)

Reactions: chubbybots

sparkypi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you do that you just have to watch out for copyright, and that can be pretty time consuming, especially for games (Lookin' at you, Dark Souls).

Calixo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bro, your channel is hot! imo i think you should add some game background music (mario/zelda typa thing) and talk about trending topics.

You got a good voice, good visuals, you just need that some extra, and you could have a big audience <3

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For my channels, I know I need a better mic and camera. The only thing I am working with is a webcam and an okay microphone. I could do better if I had a job but I am doing my best.

Reactions: sparkypi

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Quickest way to take your videos to the next level... when you're done filming... walk upstairs to edit them.

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey man, I had a little look at your channel. You have a really nice and professional intro, but one thing I noticed was a lot of peaking on your microphone (which is causing a little distortion). However, it could be that you're slightly too close to your mic when you record.

In audacity, check your levels as you record, as they will go red when peaking.

Also what software do you use to edit?

I use Premier Pro, and even within that alone, I can apply some compression or whatever to my voice (although I never edit my vlog audio, just with singing and I do that in music software) - there's a bunch of audio settings.

Another thing would be adding some more "flair" to your editing. So in your FNAF (I can't beat this game) video, there's not too much editing going on to break up the game. This is game I've played myself and seen countless YouTubers play, so it's worth considering what you could bring to the table. Even adding in random images, bits of music or whatever to keep the audience engaged.

That being said, keep it up and good luck! I hope that some of my comments were helpful :)