How to Tag Your YouTube Videos Properly

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's ApexTV's guide on how to properly tag your YouTube videos..

Tagging your YouTube videos can be broken up into 4 simple steps, in this thread tutorial we will go through those steps, enjoy!

1. The first step is to add your specific tags. Specific tags are tags that are one word and are very specific to the actual video. A video on How to Open a Hershey's Kiss would, for example, be first tagged with keywords such as "Hershey's" "kiss"
  2. The next step is to add tags known as compound tags. A compound tag is a tag that uses multiple words. Using our previous example with the video about Hershey's Kisses, a good compound tag that you would use for that would be the tag "Hershey's Kisses", because it is multiple words and explains what the video is about precisely.
  3. Step three is to include generic tags. Generic tags are pretty much the category of the video. A generic tag that would be used for our previous example would be something like "tutorial" or "how-to". YouTube usually offers suggestions, so we suggest that you use them!
  4. The last step is to add misspelled tags. Do it on purpose, because many people actually misspell the video that they are looking for.
That is all that you will need to do to properly tag your YouTube videos so the people looking for your videos will actually find them! We hope that this thread helps you guys out, thanks for reading!

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been using a program on here called Tube Buddy to help find what keywords rate the best. It also show's me if I am ranking for any of the tags I analyze. So far I'm finding it to be very useful :) I also use google ad words for search volume, competiton of the word etc.

Research your long tail tags (3 or more words) and find what people are searching for (just start typing in the youtube search box and you will see!)

You could do everthing in the first post but if you aren't using the right keywords then you aren't showing up on the first page!

Irahs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bookmarking for later reading. Thanks!