How to successfully appeal a youtube copyright strike?

TitedusZanar

Reaction score
Hey guys

So I uploaded a vine video ( you know, the funny 7 second videos ) and my got taken down for copyright strike, the video was called: "When you see your ex in the hallways"

It's kind of pathetic from youutbe to take my video down out of like 20+ which are circulating on youutbe itself.

How do I appeal such strike? I highly doubt the author of the vine filed the strike, let's just say no way he would do it. How do I find out who filed the copyright strike, and how do I appeal the strike?

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
You can't win the appeal as it's not your video in the first place.

You have to accept the strike and start uploading videos that are not stolen from others.

:meh2:

Reactions: RedFox

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Just because other people uploaded Copyrighted content doesn't mean you can, that's like saying other people are stealing cars and doing drugs and not getting caught so lets do it myself.

You can't appeal it since as @Lilikoi Juice said, it's not yours anyway.

Reactions: Lilikoi Juice

TitedusZanar

Reaction score
You're all useless, that still doesn't answer my question, if the owner of the video DID NOT FILE THE STRIKE, whho DID? and who has the right?

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
You're all useless, that still doesn't answer my question, if the owner of the video DID NOT FILE THE STRIKE, whho DID? and who has the right?
Well, I could have answered that but it seems we're all useless, too bad you won't get any answer now, ha.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I robbed a bank and I am now in prison, help?

There are quite a few companies out there that exist solely to monetise/own the rights/claim Vine videos, chances are, they are the people who claimed your video. You more than likely will not win any kind of claim since they own the content.