How to Stay Motivated as a YouTuber

The New Travel Blog

I've Got It
Reaction score
1. REMEMBER WHY YOU GOT STARTED

Maybe it was a meaningful message, maybe it was a new idea, or maybe it was just a funny voice you were practicing for your comedy routine. We all have different stories and different motivations for YouTube. Whatever it is for you, if you can find that initial passion you can motivate your future actions.

When I started my YouTube channel, my mission was simple. I wanted to share stories from around the world, and better connect with other travellers. Whenever I start to lose motivation for my vlog, I remind myself of this. It helps me stay motivated when the work process gets difficult.

Whatever the reason you joined YouTube, try to use it to fuel you. Make it about something larger than yourself, and the motivation will continue to flow.

2. TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR EARLIEST VIDEOS

Taking a step back in time and analyzing your earliest videos can be cringe-worthy.

Why does the audio sound so bad? Why do I have so many awkward pauses? And how did I ever think that a fish eye lens was a good idea?

But if you can handle it, allow yourself to be shocked and pleasantly surprised by just how much your videos have improved.

When I look back at my first attempt at a vlog, I wish I knew what I know about vlogging now!

But that's okay: don't dwell in the past, just use it to motivate your future videos.

While watching these old videos, something strange might happen: you'll start thinking of how thenew you would edit the videos differently.

That's a good sign. That's when you notice just how much you have grown as a YouTuber. Just think how good the future you will be if you keep this up!

3.TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR FAVOURITE YOUTUBER'S EARLIEST VIDEOS

You know that larger-than-life YouTuber you follow? The one who seems to have been born with a vlogging camera in his / her hands? Well as it turns out, he / she started off with a learning curve, just like the rest of us.

Go into their videos and sort by earliest and find out the difference for yourself.

Casey Neistat is closing in on 4 million subscribers. But he often references when he was young, broke, and new to vlogging. (gif source: gfycat.com)

It's a great source of motivation to know that these YouTube stars didn't just appear out of no where with inordinate amounts of talent. As it turns out, they worked incredibly hard to get to where they are.

And you can too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BMHD and TopLion

TopLion

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really like the idea of 2. By watching back on them, you can see clearly what is needed to be improved on, and can use that knowledge in future videos.[DOUBLEPOST=1470811127,1470807958][/DOUBLEPOST]

Reactions: The New Travel Blog