How to start with SEO?

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello all, I have just starting learning a little bit about SEO. I've read a few articles and watched some videos and getting ready to implement some of the things I learned.

What is the best way for a novice to do keyword searches? I've got the keyword tool on adword that I'm playing around with. I can't figure get a feel of how important each component of the metadata are, title, description, keyword tags etc. I try to learn from the more established channels and it is very variable. Some have extensive metadata, others none at all.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Google planner tool will not help you that much when it comes to videos the youtube search bar will do a better job or Tubebuddy.

Start typing some of the main phrases that relates to the type of video you want to create and youtube will help suggest other phrases.

Check their competition and you have a winning prase you can rank your video on.
hope that helps

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Google planner tool will not help you that much when it comes to videos the youtube search bar will do a better job or Tubebuddy.

Start typing some of the main phrases that relates to the type of video you want to create and youtube will help suggest other phrases.

Check their competition and you have a winning prase you can rank your video on.
hope that helps
Thank you. I was digging around the forum and found tubebuddy. I played with it some last night and it is great! Thanks again for the suggestion

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Use VidIQ for YouTube (and make sure you sign up on it, otherwise it won't work!) and it will tell you your exact SEO score on your videos, based on how many tags you have, how many people search for those tags, and whether they are included in your title and description. (IMPORTANT!!) ~Column 1

KTP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Use VidIQ for YouTube (and make sure you sign up on it, otherwise it won't work!) and it will tell you your exact SEO score on your videos, based on how many tags you have, how many people search for those tags, and whether they are included in your title and description. (IMPORTANT!!) ~Column 1
Thank you so much! Someone mentioned vidiq in another thread but I think I will check it out tonight.