How to Start a YouTube Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cratchify

Reaction score
I'll be meeting up with Maker studios about starting a sub network. They really liked my ideas, let's see how it goes ;P

Reactions: droidiinator

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This is probably the question most asked to me via PMs on yttalk by about 200% :D
“How would I go about creating a YouTube Network”.

Well There`s really three types of Network you could create, this thread will also tell you how :)

Multi-Channel Network (MCN) :
So a MCN has one or multiple CMS(s) that it can link itt`s partner`s channels to.
The reason for this is to cater to revenue and support for that channel.
Similar to how a talent group would operate with a music artist.

Propriety Network/Virtual Network/Content Distrabution Network (VN) :
A VN would be straight under a MCN, usually has some sort of CMS/Partnering Dashboard access.
How these differ from MCNs is they take a portion of then revenue the MCN takes from a partner, In return for focusing on a certain niche. (e.g. A Tech VN under an everything MCN)
They also may decide to offer better features, help, support etc

Content Aggregator (CA) :
A CA operates from under a VN, and will take a portion of the VN`s revenue (not usually more of the partner`s) in return for operating as a network to cater towards a more specific niche (e.g mobile tech under a tech network).

How to form one of the above :

MCN :
Well to form an MCN you need to get into direct contact with that management team in Google.
They require you to have a certain amount of staff including an ad sales team.
Aswell as set up as a company, have a decent start-up capital.
And a long list of requirements that is not undertaken by most.

VN :
To form a VN you have to contact a MCN and ask, note that only a few actually have Vns.
The below list is of all that`re currently accepting, note that as of when I`m posting this, Both Fullscreen and ZoominTV arn`t accepting them.

ForelaDigital
BentPixels
Iricom / Iricom Ukraine
XMediaDigital
QuizGroup
Maker
Viso

CA :
To form a CA you have to contact a VN and note that not alot of Vns are allowed to have any.
YourDailyLaughz
Creative Nation
Vultra Gaming
Vector Centre
Magnolia Network
Preveo
Azure Network
Xela

If this thread helped you leave a like, thanks :)

Hey Shane, are you still on the forums? I would have some questions that you may have the answers, please let me know your Skype via pm, thanks :)

JoshGagen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Virtual Network is a fancy name that a MCN created. But Virtual Network is not the proper name for it. A lot of people call a network under a "VN" a Content Aggregator or a CA. But a Content Aggregator is actually the Network under the MCN. All networks under a MCN are classified a Content Aggregator.

Status
Not open for further replies.