How to Start a YouTube Channel

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just started a YouTube channel and I over thought the whole process and realized that starting a YouTube channel is actually not that complicated. I put down the steps I followed based on things I learned, did and wished I should I should have done. If you want to start a YouTube just follow these steps and you will get started in no time!

How to Start a YouTube channel in 3 steps!!

1. Think about it:
Answer these questions:
  • Why do you want to do YouTube?
  • What type of channel do you want to do?
  • What type of equipment will you need in order to do it?
  • Where will you film? Do you need to set up a studio or filming space?
  • How often do you plan on uploading and how will you fit that into your life?
2. Get All of Your stuff together.
  • Think of a username that works for you or use your real name
  • Make a YouTube channel (duh!) with that username
  • Make social media profiles with the same or similar username.
  • Add stuff to the profiles, graphics, bios, pictures, etc. For free graphics for your YouTube banner go to picmonkey.com. You can't have "blank accounts."
  • Get all your equipment together. If you need to you might to buy equipment, but if you don't have money just use what you have.
  • If you have to set up a studio or place to film.
  • Make sure your life is in order, prioritize stuff, get your homework done, etc.
  • Figure out the basics of using your camera and editing software. You don't need to know it all, you will learn more as you go.
3. Actually film videos!!
  • For your first video, I recommended just filming an introduction video. It works no matter what type of content you plan on making. Just keep it under 3 minutes long and make sure it introduces your and your channel.
  • If you don't want to make an introduction video, just make whatever kind of video you want
  • Promote your first videos on social media
  • Then repeat the process and start making more videos
  • Start reading articles about YouTube and watching other YouTubers for tips and inspiration if you need it.
  • I'm starting to realize that making videos is the most important part of being a YouTuber. If you don't make videos you aren't a YouTuber.
Other Things I've Learned:
  • Making YouTube videos is not as easy as it seems
  • You won't get a lot subscribers overnight
  • Having camera with a flip out screen is really helpful
  • Getting started is the hardest part
  • Reading articles and watching videos are helpful but nothing really prepares for making videos, besides making videos
  • If you don't like YouTube and hate making videos, then stop doing it, YouTube isn't for everyone.
  • Start a YouTube channel now, you are going to wish you started earlier.
  • yttalk is a really great website.

Some of this might seem obvious, but I figure it might help some people.

BrinchIRL

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
Nice guide! Id say this would be very useful for people who dont know what they need to do :)

petr_ind

Reaction score
Thank you, I have made a channel.
But these tips are very great.
I will follow them on my next video

Brickpro

GFX artist, Tech Reviewer, VFX!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Designer, Other
Another thing to do is to search up on youtube for the channel name you want, if there isn't anything there then Great! If there are videos under that name already, I.E. COD Ghost | Awesome Replays probably not the best Idea, if there are already channels there, then you have your work cutout for you. There are 3-7 channels called Brick Productions or something like that, I am at the top, but my videos are down a while.