How to split audio channels from video

Rybolt's Realm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hi, I record with a program that puts both Mic and game sound into the video at the same time. I would like to split the mic audio from the video and have a separate video (with game sounds) and mic file.
Thanks

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What software are you currently using? You may either have to separately record your mic on another software like Audacity, or you'll need to get software like Dxtory or Mirillis Action which can record dual audio natively.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have action but don't know how to split it
From what I remember, there should be a button somewhere that says "Record microphone into separate audio track" or something similar. If you've selected that option yet can't see multiple tracks while editing, it may be that your video editor doesn't recognize multi-track videos.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Fraps is a good software to use and its super duper easy, you have an option to record with microphone or not and whether you want to record the system audio or not :)

Wiean

Reaction score
Hey, have you figured how to record voice separately? Maybe try to look in the manual for the solution (they have tutorials on the website)
I have a trial version of the software and didn't have enough time to check all the features, but there's in the "speaker icon section" a button "multi-channel audio recording" have you tried to use it?
__

*edit*
I figured it out!
Try to turn off the mic in settings of recording video. Press F9(hotkey for recording video) and F10 (hotkey for recording audio). My friend told me he records his videos like this. I don't have mic to test this. Write if it works for you, I'm curious.

Last edited: