How to Specifically Promote a Channel?

Noitartst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
By this, I'm not talking about technical aspects, here, but networking, from someone that doesn't know someone.
I t sounds like you just mainly contact other vloggers, with nigh no viewers like you, and ask them to support you (but with similar interests, of course).

Let's see...I am currently working on just mastering video editing, but I am also looking up field to mastering self-promotion. My brand, I'm guessing, will, as of now, be kind of right-wing curmudgeony, but I don't know how to find others like that on Youtube, to network with?

What should I be doing? Seriously--the how-tos, seemed rather generic.

How useful is subscribing to vlog promotion?

Last edited:

EposVox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
By this, I'm not talking about technical aspects, here, but networking, from someone that doesn't know someone.
I t sounds like you just mainly contact other vloggers, with nigh no viewers like you, and ask them to support you (but with similar interests, of course).

Let's see...I am currently working on just mastering video editing, but I am also looking up field to mastering self-promotion. My brand, I'm guessing, will, as of now, be kind of right-wing curmudgeony, but I don't know how to find others like that on Youtube, to network with?

What should I be doing? Seriously--the how-tos, seemed rather generic.

How useful is subscribing to vlog promotion?
"Seriously--the how-tos, seemed rather generic." Because there is no cut-and-dry answer. The best way to self-promote is to not self-promote. No one wants commercials, advertisements, promotions.

Find other channels like yours, interact with them, make friends, etc. You have to be genuine and organic, and not put "promoting your channel" first, or you'll just get ignored.

Reactions: Maxemole

Noitartst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay: Socio-political commentary, from a socio-political commentary, but witty--those are my plans for future content. Who does this kind of content, though?

Let's talk about my channel--eight videos, six riffing professional content--how to promote this? Keyboard cat is an old meme, but there are ways--how to create a game plan, well, sharing it, if promotion is the wrong term?

Hmm...MST3K material. How to promote this? Look in those groups, yes? Given my content how would you, or others, promote this?

Hm...my link may make it hard for you to find my channel. Tell me, if you have trouble finding my videos.
If it takes you first to a blank screen, click on "My Channel" on the upper left hand side of the screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1450049112,1450045320][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I created a form Youtube message for promting, or whatever you wish, for my Keyboard Cat:

Greetings! Whilst churning the Internet, I just thought you might be the kinda soul who'd like this Keyboard Cat video, I created, a while back, on the animated Disney Robin Hood; I edited in an axe chop, and, well, you can see for yourself:

Also, here's another one for my MST3K transformers riff:

Hello; some years back, before I went to college, I created a MST3K riff on the original Transformers: The Movie, and I thought you might get a kick out of it. They removed the first part of it for copyright issues, but I still have have the rest of it, starting here:

So? What do you think? Spent a whole afternoon on YouTube messaging MST3K and Keyboard Cat fans, messaged as per their playlists, and videos. Am I on the right track? How do I find right wing YouTubers? Oh--new thought--is there a way find ou who has subscribed to big channels of interests chiming with the content of my videos, and contact them?

Last edited:

YouTuber1978

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Don't promote your videos ever. Don't post them to facebook. Throw them on twitter. Don't participate in redit. All promoting does is kill your long term chance success.

EposVox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Don't promote your videos ever. Don't post them to facebook. Throw them on twitter. Don't participate in redit. All promoting does is kill your long term chance success.
Well that's not really how it works... "Promotion" is not inherently bad and it won't just up and prevent you from being successful. You just have to do it right.

Reactions: YouTuber1978

YouTuber1978

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Well that's not really how it works... "Promotion" is not inherently bad and it won't just up and prevent you from being successful. You just have to do it right.
How do you do it right though? I'm yet to see a "promotion" consistently give you a better audience retention than letting it sit and taking the views youtube give you. If your audience average view time and average session time is good YouTube will promote you like crazy. I feel like you hurt the chances of that happening if you "promote". I'm always open to learning new things. Can you give an example of a promotion that gave you a higher average view time than views that came organically from YouTube?

EposVox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
How do you do it right though? I'm yet to see a "promotion" consistently give you a better audience retention than letting it sit and taking the views youtube give you. If your audience average view time and average session time is good YouTube will promote you like crazy. I feel like you hurt the chances of that happening if you "promote". I'm always open to learning new things. Can you give an example of a promotion that gave you a higher average view time than views that came organically from YouTube?
It's not about one or the other, and it seems like you're using the word "promotion" to mean spammy shameless self-promotion. Sharing your videos on Twitter and Facebook is useful - you just have to also share other stuff, make conversations, etc.

It's all about organically engaging with people, sharing your content sometimes, talking to other people, watching their content, etc. Not just spamming links out there.

"Sitting back and waiting on views" hasn't worked in a long time. No one will find you.

YouTuber1978

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
It's not about one or the other, and it seems like you're using the word "promotion" to mean spammy shameless self-promotion. Sharing your videos on Twitter and Facebook is useful - you just have to also share other stuff, make conversations, etc.

It's all about organically engaging with people, sharing your content sometimes, talking to other people, watching their content, etc. Not just spamming links out there.

"Sitting back and waiting on views" hasn't worked in a long time. No one will find you.
That makes sense. I must admit I prefer the sitback and wait for views method. It seems to work pretty well.

DJBenz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sharing your videos on Twitter and Facebook is useful - you just have to also share other stuff, make conversations, etc.

Quoted for truth. It really is that simple. No one is going to blow up overnight, you need to develop an audience, a community that's interested in your content then share it with them when it's available.

clmar

Reaction score
Okay: Socio-political commentary, from a socio-political commentary, but witty--those are my plans for future content. Who does this kind of content, though?

Let's talk about my channel--eight videos, six riffing professional content--how to promote this? Keyboard cat is an old meme, but there are ways--how to create a game plan, well, sharing it, if promotion is the wrong term?

Hmm...MST3K material. How to promote this? Look in those groups, yes? Given my content how would you, or others, promote this?

Hm...my link may make it hard for you to find my channel. Tell me, if you have trouble finding my videos.
If it takes you first to a blank screen, click on "My Channel" on the upper left hand side of the screen.[DOUBLEPOST=1450049112,1450045320][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I created a form Youtube message for promting, or whatever you wish, for my Keyboard Cat:

Greetings! Whilst churning the Internet, I just thought you might be the kinda soul who'd like this Keyboard Cat video, I created, a while back, on the animated Disney Robin Hood; I edited in an axe chop, and, well, you can see for yourself:

Also, here's another one for my MST3K transformers riff:

Hello; some years back, before I went to college, I created a MST3K riff on the original Transformers: The Movie, and I thought you might get a kick out of it. They removed the first part of it for copyright issues, but I still have have the rest of it, starting here:

So? What do you think? Spent a whole afternoon on YouTube messaging MST3K and Keyboard Cat fans, messaged as per their playlists, and videos. Am I on the right track? How do I find right wing YouTubers? Oh--new thought--is there a way find ou who has subscribed to big channels of interests chiming with the content of my videos, and contact them?
What we've done with our channel is to watch videos within our similar genre of channel and then leave a genuine comment or observation. Something more personal and unique to each video, so they know we actually watched their video and have thoughts/opinions on it. I've gotten quite a few responses back and in turn, many have become subscribers and I've added many to my G+, too. It seems to help to ask them a question about something within the video, so they will want to interact by answering back. Through this back and forth conversation, there's a high chance they will stop a moment to see who you are and what your channel is all about. You may end up with some views and also some new subs! It's also a good way to connect with others in your genre of YouTube community.

Best of luck!

clmar