how to see watch time?

Flintstone

Reaction score
sorry, i'm new, and google results are out of date. as is i go to analytics and it shows the watch times, but it's only updated at 2am. i guess i'm impatient, and assuming there's something closer to 'live' somewhere?
i can tell if someone *just* watched a video, but i need to wait up to 24 hours to see how long they watched it?

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You can also see the watchtime for the last 60 minutes or 48 hours. Overall or for a particular video. At least I know where to check for it on the youtube studio-android app, the desktop version is a mess in my view :D But I'm sure it's somewhere

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you go to analytics you just find the place called "Realtime". That way you can see what´s happening on your channel right now

Flintstone

Reaction score
i'm in analytics right now and i don't see 'realtime' anywhere

'latest activity' is live (number of views)
the graph above that (watch time) is only updated at 2am

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Real time will show view count but not "watch time" (number of minutes / hours) You have to wait for the "normal" analytics to update to see that stat. :)

Flintstone

Reaction score
yeah, i know. that's why i'm here.

so, the answer to this question - "i need to wait up to 24 hours to see how long they watched it?" is YES?

weird. everyone has to wait until 2am. ooook. thanks for all the help. ha ha ha.