How to replace audio track with new one to correct syncing errors in the New YT editor.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So, the New YT creator says you can edit your videos and offers a way to replace the audio track, but I can't find a way to upload a new track to replace it with. How do you do this?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, but... no.
Jungle Explorer (are we exploring the same kind of places?...), when I saw your question, I was interested as one of my first videos has dramatic audio levels and I would like to replace the whole track with a new one.

But, actually, all you can do is replace part of the audio track in a video, with music from the free YouTube Audio Library. This is all the interface allows you to do; they feel they have to offer this so that you can replace copyrighted music by copyright free music, to save you from copyright infringement claims without having to just remove the video from YouTube.

The interface is in the "old" Creator Studio Classic: in the Video Manager, you select that you want to edit Audio, and then you select "Add or Replace audio".
In the new "Beta" YouTube Creator, there is a video editing tool (that I just discovered looking for this stuff); you can click on the audio track and find a "Add audio" button, but it will just open the "Add or Replace audio" page from Creator Studio Classic...

So, unless they do something better in the future, right now "changing the audio track" is not much more than a click-bait wording.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So, unless they do something better in the future, right now "changing the audio track" is not much more than a click-bait wording.
Could not have said it better myself. One of these days, YT will actually try to release something useful, instead of just screwing things up. ROFL!:mstickle: If you believe this, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale if you are interested.:wacky2: