How to remove bank account details from Google Adsense without adding a alternative?

Chimp

Reaction score
Hi, I have not done much with my Youtube channel for the past year but in order to get suggested or recommended videos on Youtube I need to have ads enabled right? tbh, I would prefer them to be off, but I doubt I will be able to rebuild my channel without the off chance of Youtube promoting my content. My Google Adsense has had a bank account tied to it for a little while yet I removed the monetization of my videos when I stopped uploading regularly. Now I want to try and salvage and continue but without the bank account tied to Adsense. Can I have ads enabled and remove my bank details for potential extra coverage. The money whilst small change will just complicate things and I would sooner it be disabled until I see what state my channel is in once I started uploading again.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Chimp

Reaction score
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)
np, I wasn't sure which sub forum to post it in "Youtube help" or "Monetization" as they are closely linked :) In my case I want to get the money side of monetization off whilst keeping the ads on if that's even possible. I know you could do that many moons ago because I had ads enabled without even having a Google Adsense account and if I did I certainly didn't have a bank account tied to it.

If you don't run ads on the channel there is no way Youtube are going to recommend, suggest any videos are they? Which is what I guess most people rely on after the first 24, 48 hours to a week subscriber views come in.

If anybody can help please do.

Chimp

Reaction score
You don't need to have a monetized channel for YouTube to suggest your videos; you've bought into an urban myth.
Are you certain of that? I was always under the impression you needed them enabled. If that is the case I will leave monetization disabled for the foreseeable future and see how the recovery job goes.

Still nobody answered my title question lol.