Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How to re-promote your old videos?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by ggdeeofficial, Jan 10, 2017.

1. ggdeeofficial
    EZ Game EZ Life
    Cash:
    $101
    Just checked my analytics and some old videos I made are not getting anymore views? What is the best way to re-promote it?

ideas I have are changing tags, titles and resharing on social. any other ideas?

2. Baylze
    Overwatch YouTuber
    Cash:
    $8
    Honestly I don't think trying to revive old content is something worth doing; you're much better off creating newer content.

The only logical reason I can think a mass audience would travel far back down your (or any) channel is to begin a numbered series. :p

3. SweetDaddyBrown
    Cash:
    $32
    You can try using the Cards or End screen on your latest videos to promote some old videos.

4. PositivelyBrainwashed
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $132
    Create a similar video to the video you want to repromote and hopefully it appears in the suggested area.

FamilyToyReview likes this.
  5. ggdeeofficial
    EZ Game EZ Life
    Cash:
    $101
    Sounds good. I've been using cards recently mainly for polls and endscreen stuff for playlists.

My videos are already showing in the suggested area. I do a series of a new game still in open beta and it's only a handful of us that make content on the game. the new videos always get views but the old ones get forgotten. any ideas outside youtube?

6. PositivelyBrainwashed
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $132
    I personally use Reddit to repromote old videos.

FamilyToyReview likes this.
  7. ggdeeofficial
    EZ Game EZ Life
    Cash:
    $101
    can you link me a sample of your reddit post? i know we are different genres but i'd like to see how you actually do it. I've red the guide on this forum but i feel i need more lol.

PositivelyBrainwashed likes this.
  8. PositivelyBrainwashed
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $132

Sure. I'm actually repromoting 2 old videos right now both at number 1.

https://www.reddit.com/r/seduction/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SocialEngineering/

It literally takes like 1 minute to post and if you know how to time Reddit, it's an easy extra few thousand views. This video usually gets 10-40 views an hour, and you can see it's been boosted to 150 views for the last 13 hours.

[​IMG]

#8 PositivelyBrainwashed, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    ggdeeofficial likes this.
  9. ggdeeofficial
    EZ Game EZ Life
    Cash:
    $101
    I think its awesome that your videos fall under a lot of subreddits! now gaming videos on the other hand it's just [title of game and youtube promotion subreddits. I need to niche down maybe?

10. PositivelyBrainwashed
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $132
    Well it's true not every niche will do well in Reddit. What I suggest is you google the list of subreddits and see if you can make use out of any of them.

javacentral and ggdeeofficial like this.