How to protect Adsense account from Youtube?

Reaction score
After spending few months over official adsense help forum I have realized that YouTube indeed pose danger over our adsense accounts. I have a monetized channel but I have not monetized even single video and I have some reasons for that. Adsense policy don't allow us to promote our site on social networks heavily. There is no official word about it in updated help center but it was there in the older version of help center. Also, many accounts that gets disabled are those they get traffic from social networks. Now if they allow sharing YouTube videos with ads to be promoted on social networks or not is still not clear. While YouTube really dont mind this..adsense is not clear with this thing. So if sharing option is "on" you are risking your account indeed.

Second important things is the embed option. Though allowing other sites to embed our videos help us gain more views but this enables few maniacs to put your video just next to the image that adsense may find family unsafe! And according to Google reporting form..they do consider the surrounding of the embed Youtube video. So you have to keep very good track on where your video is appearing.

Check out this link where I have highlighted few risks of using adsense with youtube and how to protect it.

How to protect your adsense account FROM youtube?

Also see the video below:

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing that with us, I have mine disabled myself on my videos too, I would like to monetise them but with all the disabling etc it has put me off it. I know someone who this has happened to lately and there are hundreds of people without any clear answers as to why they were banned and the only possibility is through things like this. I honestly think they should expect people to link in from social networks, come on now, would they do the same if people linked to their channel and got traffic from Google plus too? It seems very old fashioned to me to expect no one to do that or purposefully avoid it.

Reaction score
They don't give any specific names of sites....it is automated weird mail that virtually makes no sense..so one cannot say if say Google + is one of the culprits for disabled accounts...But usually people use Facebook more as it is far well established than Google +....but this generates repeated clicks and impressions from same sources, so this might be the reason why it creates problem.

Reactions: Michael