How to promote your channel, and grow on youtube.

Nick D

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. Today i'm going to list some ways that you can gain exposure to your channel!
Let's being.

1. The first, and most important thing to do is to use relevant tags, that are good for your video. Tags can help you get views, you know!

2. Secondly, you really need to interact with other small channels like yours, as they will support you, if you support them.

3. You need to edit your videos, raw footage won't really work. How can you do this? For windows users, I would use movie maker to edit and produce your videos. You can simply google a tutorial, and you'll be editing in no time. Movie maker is simple, but get's the job done.

4. Interact with your community! If you don't, they'll most likely just leave.

5. Don't advertise on other channels, for example, go on a pewdiepie video for no reason, and say "Subscribe to me and i'll sub back with 5 acount!" All it does is exposes your channel in a hateful way, and it won't help you whatsoever.

6. Advertise the RIGHT way. Don't advertise like this, ^. What you want to do, is find smaller channels, support them for a bit, then tell them about your content, whabam! Subscriber. This is a cheap way to gain subs, it doesnt pay off with 100's but it can possibly work.

Thank's for reading this list, another thing to do is give a link to your channel. <3 Haha, I can't, but my channel name is Natriax. Check me out..

PS. The 6th tatic is a cheap move, and can resort in some hate if you do it properly. )_(

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Brainbean

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have only been a content creator for 2 1/2 months. That said I have grown to 279 subs as of writing this. I have generally seen a good response to my content. especially over the last month I have gained close to 200 subs. How? I network a lot, posting on twitter, and reddit especially. I connected with a few small YouTube channels and we promote each other content of similar interest. Also doing collabs with channels is a mutually beneficial thing because you can share each other audiences.

I agree you shouldn't ever tell people on comments to watch your video.
People generally frown on shameless self promo.

Good read, well done man

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I've found long and more thoughtful comments get attention. As well for me if someone wrote a paragraph instead of just "cool video" it'll make me take notice. If you can demonstrate that you can speak in complete sentences, show a genuine interest In the video you're posting on and have something that person could come to and enjoy, you've then made a good contact and friend

Last edited:

Cyntheon

Reaction score
I kind of neglected my YouTube channel as I was busy rounding off the schoolyear, but over the next few weeks I wanna try to pick it up again. However at this point I'm so small (19 subs) that networking seems so overwhelming! Like, I have twitter account, but what do I even DO to network and promote through there?

AussieJoshie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've found long and more thoughtful comments get attention. As well for me if someone wrote a paragraph instead of just "cool video" it'll make me take notice. If you can demonstrate that you can speak in complete sentences, show a genuine interest In the video you're posting on and have something that person could come to and enjoy, you've then made a good contact and friend
^ agree 100%.
It's amazing how much more such thoughtful comments stand out - we always take notice and take that extra time to respond and go visit the other site. Getting 'nice video' all the time kind of loses its lustre really quickly.

So if you are going to leave a comment - make it sincere and put 5 secs thought into it -> it really makes a big difference.
:)

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
^ agree 100%.
It's amazing how much more such thoughtful comments stand out - we always take notice and take that extra time to respond and go visit the other site. Getting 'nice video' all the time kind of loses its lustre really quickly.

So if you are going to leave a comment - make it sincere and put 5 secs thought into it -> it really makes a big difference.
:)
nice comment