How to promote on youtube?

iDastardly

I've Got It
Reaction score
What are the best ways to promote my channel and videos ON youtube? I know loads of people dont know this and I dont really thats why my vids arent very popular on there. Any suggestions?

Ellie

I've Got It
Reaction score
You could do sub for sub but some people think its bad.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could try what Ellie said but I think if you communicate with your target audience then you will yield better results what are your videos about?

Reactions: Apoxa

iDastardly

I've Got It
Reaction score
I do vlogs mostly on one of my channels and gaming on another. I am asking about both of them. I have tried sub for sub for I dont seem to get many subbing to me and a lot unsubscribe after I subscribe to them so its a losing game for me.

Ellie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Chat with gamers and write comments for them on their channel and other gamers will see you and might click :) i dont know about how to get vlog audiences much.

Reactions: Michael

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do not use sub for sub. With Sub for Sub you are just getting subscribers that will probably not watch your videos. Try collaborating with other users with a similar target audience and similar amount of subscribers.

Doodlecat33

Reaction score
Do not use sub for sub. With Sub for Sub you are just getting subscribers that will probably not watch your videos. Try collaborating with other users with a similar target audience and similar amount of subscribers.
Yes I tried sub 4 sub and had the same issue. Some of them did watch and rate, but they are the exception to the rule. I got back like 60 subs, but subbed almost 300. To me this is a big waste of time. I came on this site to try and meet others with the same issues. Looks like I came to the right place.

Doodlecat33

Reaction score
Yes I tried sub 4 sub and had the same issue. Some of them did watch and rate, but they are the exception to the rule. I got back like 60 subs, but subbed almost 300. To me this is a big waste of time. I came on this site to try and meet others with the same issues. Looks like I came to the right place.
Well, I do have to say after I posted this last night, a lot of sub4sub users and others, did check out my site that were very friendly. Thanks everyone! I always try to watch a vid or two and comment or like as approp. It takes longer, but that way you're actually checking out what they have to offer. :cool:

Unknown_user009

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Just be a part of the community, talk with the people who are already watching similar videos, make new friends and connections on there and regularly participate. Comment on videos similar to your own and leave them feedback and where appropriate mention your own.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
On youtube itself it's hard to get people to notice you. That's probably why we are all here, right? I'm here to find new people to watch, and be watched by new people.

But here's some things I think should work:
- Video responses. Make sure it's really a response, and the video owner (the bigger channel preferably) will probably allow it.
- Accepting challenges. I'm in gaming, and someone with a bigger channel set a challenge for his subs. I did it, posted a video response, and got decent views. :)

Obviously it's always good to talk to subscribers, but for some reason, mine don't talk back, or even rate the video... how to reach them....?