how to promote on facebook?

dumbgirlfrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are two question I'd like to ask about promoting channel on facebook:

1. I posted my facebook account name on my video description so my audience can add me on facebook, but am I doing it wrong? coz maybe I should make a fan page for people to like instead? facebook has this blocking system which if your request of adding friend is rejected, you might be ban for a while, I guess this would discourage people to add me on facebook.

2. I always post my new videos on my facebook timeline, but not many of my facebook friend would like to check it out, should I send them msg or tag them so that they notice my video? I am not sure about it because most of my facebook friends are online friends and we're not real friends in reality, I dun want them to feel like I spam them or sth.

Anyone has any advice, thank:)

Root Beer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
In your videos, tell them to like you on facebook to stay updated. I recommend twitter.
It all takes time.

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would recommend making a fanpage. I think it's better suited for a YouTube channel. Then, you can post videos to the page and if people are online who liked your page, they will see your new video there (where as, they might not have seen it if they weren't on YouTube). Plus, if they "Like" or comment on the video in FaceBook, all their friends will see the post and might be curious to watch the video as well. That's where it's really powerful, when you can engage your audience and then have that activity show up on their friends timelines too and possibly check it out! Good luck!

Unknown_User11

Account Closed Upon Request
Reaction score
I would recommend making a fanpage. I think it's better suited for a YouTube channel. Then, you can post videos to the page and if people are online who liked your page, they will see your new video there (where as, they might not have seen it if they weren't on YouTube). Plus, if they "Like" or comment on the video in FaceBook, all their friends will see the post and might be curious to watch the video as well. That's where it's really powerful, when you can engage your audience and then have that activity show up on their friends timelines too and possibly check it out! Good luck!
Imwiththisguy.

Tyler Rand

My Mind is a Strange Place to Visit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I made a fan page, it's not only more professional, but if you get enough likes then you are more likely to get your content out in the world easier.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
haha yes make sure your using a fan page for people to like not a facebook account

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think Tyler, Andrew and Tylor they seem to just fit better with a YouTube channel.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Fan pages are a bit overrated-we do a fan page, but due to the way facebook pages work, our posts only reach a fraction of the fans unless we pay to promote the post ($5 per post). When you post on your personal page, all your friends see it, so you're reaching everyone without having to pay for it. It won't hurt to start one-and you can always promote on both.

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Fan pages are a bit overrated-we do a fan page, but due to the way facebook pages work, our posts only reach a fraction of the fans unless we pay to promote the post ($5 per post). When you post on your personal page, all your friends see it, so you're reaching everyone without having to pay for it. It won't hurt to start one-and you can always promote on both.
That's interesting, I didn't think you could have both. In that case it would make a lot of sense.

dumbgirlfrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
They won't reach all the fans unless you may, wow, facebook you d**k! I guess I'll use both fan page and personal account then