How to promote gaming videos?

SuperMeatBoy

Reaction score
So I have a gaming channel, how can I go about promoting my gaming videos and getting more subs and more people watching regularly? I try being active on youtube as much as I can and talking with other gamers and my videos are okay but I need a PVR so I can do them more pro like the others you see on there, is it my videos that are the problem? It seems like I am a little fish in a big pond sometimes :(

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have seen a few of your videos and the only thing that would put me off as a user is that they're not recorded using a PVR or some other screen capture device. The video quality of the video isnt too good but the content is great and can make watching not as good as it could be, that's the only thing I can see really. I believe if you up your hardware then you will probably see a lot better feedback.

In the meantime it could be best for you to continue to promote as you said you are, maybe do some videos with you in them yourself doing game reviews before recording the games/gaming.

iDastardly

I've Got It
Reaction score
If your not using a PVR then I assume youre using a capture card or maybe a normal camcorder?

Ellie

I've Got It
Reaction score
If the content is good it will make it seem bad if the quality is rubbish, ive seen lots of videos where i think oh that was great but could have looked so much better with a better camcorder.

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you thought of teaming up with an amateur gaming website? See if you could collaborate somehow. It could benefit you and the website. I'm not really a gamer so i'm not expert but it was just a thought.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have heard about people getting sponsorships where they take them on as part of their team and get paid for the videos they make for them and I think you get to keep your channel too but I think you need to promote them at the same time. That's not a bad idea Steven.

Reactions: StevenBridges

ford1001

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Keep your videos updated, team up with other youtubes for dual commentary and become affiliates.

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
Start small and work your way up! :). I find that gaming videos can be a tough niche because so many people are making videos about games like Call Of Duty and Minecraft. You need to make your videos stand out and give them a USP (unique selling point), something that makes them different from everyone elses and of course quality of the videos is crucial, if it is good gameplay but terrible quality then people aren't going to watch it. A PVR would be a really good investment ! :).

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
FIRST THINGS FIRST, get a game. SECOND THINGS SECOND, Play it. THIRD THINGS THIRD, Film it. FOURTH THINGS FOURTH, Make yourself entertaining in some fashion. FIFTH THINGS FIFTH, make sure you keep to one subject, do go dillydallying around. SIXTH THINGS SIXTH, post your videos in competitions be successful in the competitions. EIGHTH THINGS EIGHTH, you didn't realise i missed seven anyway keep close contact with your community. and that is the rules. but their are rules of making videos, goto guidelines.

Gamevolution657

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would say the number one thing you need is a HD PVR, Without one you just are not going to get good quality and nobody will watch it. Save up for one or ask for one for a b'day or xmas!! Best of luck